test please delete test please delete - Page 33737
Page 33737 of 33974 FirstFirst ... 32737332373363733687337273373533736337373373833739337473378733837 ... LastLast
Posts 337,361 to 337,370 of 339731

More fingers than teeth

Morning all

Dull, overcast but dry out. Currently 12 degrees and that's where it'll stay for the day. Unlikely to rain. Barometer down to 1024 mBar.

Assorted clothings in the WM.

HWMBO is making bacon and eggs for breakfast.

<taps screen: Is this thing borked again?>

Lunch: Heinz leak & potato soup, Morrisons multiseed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The endless drizzle is greyly endlessly drizzling.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

More fingers than teeth

Clothings have been washed and hung about the place.

I am beginning to suspect the drainage from the shower / utility room is connected to another flat in my building as, once again, I have backflow into the shower tray when my WM drains. When this happened a month or two ago the plumber found tights in the pipe and i couldn't fathom how they got there. However, having now had what looked and smelled like fresh vomit upchuck into the shower tray, I am now thinking I am not the only person using it.

Fortunately, I don't use that shower as it's crap or else I'd be very, very grumpy.

Email sent to my landlady along with other gripes that I need to tell her about

I wonder if this week's tenancy renewal offer will be recinded?

I well remember the small river of raw sewage that made its way from the manhole at the bottom of the steps, down the garden path, crossed over my potato patch and made a nice big puddle in next door's lawn.

We had ever such a good crop of spuds that year.

In other news, the endless grinding is ongoing next door, along with what may be electric planing, and a good deal of hammering.

More fingers than teeth

And the thermostat / timer for the heating has gone on the blink. I wondered why the boiler was on and the flat way too warm. Turns out it had reset itself and thought it was 4.52 PM and the temperature was low enough that heating was required.

Hurray.

I think I'll cancel the tenancy renewal and move out at this rate.

<taps screen: it's borked again>

Grey.

Drizzly.

Unpleasant.

Bored.

Now.

My post count is Majestic

Afternoon denizens

Grey day, but dry and a positively baking 12°C

Nice But Dim

Afternoon all

Grey but still warmish.

Dog walked, along with picking up some eggs from the small holding along the way that has lots of rescued ex-battery hens now living the free range life.

Shopping done.

Bike prepped for a long but local ride tomorrow. 200km all within 20km of home to keep my Audax RRTY on track.

Time for a sit down with a cuppa before thinking about what to cook for dinner. Could be ribs, could be curry, could be kofte's. Haven't decided yet.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Super poster

Brake pads changed on Mrs Scruff's Stuttgart Beetle. Brembo battle beaten by bloody-mindedness.

Reward was 500gr beef biltong and a beer. I'm turning into a Bison, bit by bit...

Rugby is good if you are not an Ireland supporter.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I am beginning to suspect the drainage from the shower / utility room is connected to another flat in my building as, once again, I have backflow into the shower tray when my WM drains. When this happened a month or two ago the plumber found tights in the pipe and i couldn't fathom how they got there. However, having now had what looked and smelled like fresh vomit upchuck into the shower tray, I am now thinking I am not the only person using it.
    Yuck! For a few years I was always hearing a loud running noise from my en suite shower whenever it rained. Discovered recently the dip tube was missing. Got a detached fortunately, don't share sewers with anyone.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)