test please delete test please delete - Page 33739
Page 33739 of 33751 FirstFirst ... 3273933239336393368933729337373373833739337403374133749 ... LastLast
Posts 337,381 to 337,390 of 337506

Double Godlike!

Two courses from the Club Gascon cook at home menu down. Short break taken to see what's going on with Strictly.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese

It’s raining
    Very nice it was, as always; the beef chow mein was particularly tasty

And the rain had stopped for the walk back

Busyness: unknown as Janet was doing stuff in the kitchen; but one of the delivery guys came back with three bags and went straight out again with one, so I assume it was the now-standard "not as busy as earlier"

Nice But Dim

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    All of them!
    Shish Kebab from the takeaway in the end as neither of us could be arsed to cook anything and it was the healthiest option available, especially if you don't eat the bread.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Entertainment (continued): just caught the end ("On the run") of Pink Floyd A Delicate Sound of Thunder on Sky Arts.

Now watching Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets.

Which is ok if you like the early stuff.

Interstellar Overdrive

Astronomy Domine

Lucifer Sam

Fearless

Obscured by Clouds

When You're In

Remember a Day

Arnold Layne

Vegetable Man

If

Atom Heart

Mother

The Nile Song

Feck me there's stuff on there I haven't listened to in 40 years.

Followed by stuff not on that list.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun. (I know that one)

See Emily play.

Bike.

One of these days

Saucerfull of secrets.

Point me at the sky.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22nd November 2020 at 00:14.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Double Godlike!

Strictly was followed by QI XL and then the Film Review while we waited for Have I Got A Bit More News For You to download to the iPlayer desktop app.

Just discovered that Shure stopped making cartridges 2 years ago.

That's a bit of a bugger.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Oh dear. I’ve exhausted The Dog (tw) with over 14km of walking today.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

My post count is Majestic

A rewatch of something I haven't seen since I don't know when, but probably the 1980s and possibly even the 1970s, was first on tonight's schedule: A Fistful of Dollars (1964), in which cowboy stuff happens. It's very good

I've always thought it's quite interesting how Westerns were such a huge thing in popular entertainment, then suddenly vanished completely in the mid-1970s. AFAIK there's no evidence that audiences stopped liking them, just that movie and TV executives decided not to make them any more because they assumed that audiences no longer wanted them; but on the rare occasions they were made after that, they always seemed to be successful

And to follow, a rewatch of Everest (2015), which inspired me to want to climb the eponymous mountain, then reminded me why that would be a really bad idea

Back in, I think, 1982, my brother persuaded me to come along with him and some of his friends from Oxford to the Lake District for Easter. On Easter Saturday we all set out to climb Scafell Pike, and it was ******* horrible. I hated every second of it, and eventually me and one of his friends refused to go any further, then sheltered behind a rock for sodding ages while the others went to the top as hailstorms kept sweeping past us. Then we all took a wrong turn on the way down, and got lost, and in the end me and the friend just slid on our arses down a load of scree to the valley while my brother and his other friend went the long way back and then round the right way. Once we were down in the valley, the friend went back to be sure they found the way, while I went onwards to the pub with instructions to call Mountain Rescue if they weren't all back within two hours. In the pub I found a pint of Old Peculier on hand pump, a hot meat and potato pie, and a folk band tuning up before launching into loads of rousing tunes. Then the rest of the party arrived, all safe and sound; but I figured we could have avoided no end of bulltulip by just going for the pints, pies and music in the first place. The next day we were supposed to climb Helvellyn, but the friend and I refused point blank to go. I spent much of the day in a bookshop in Ambleside, which is much more my kind of thing

So I doubt I'll be climbing Everest any time soon, as it seems like an awful lot of effort and risk for no good reason

And finally The Sopranos S5E2 Rat Pack (TV Episode 2004) and S5E3 Where's Johnny? (TV Episode 2004). Junior's gradual decline is one of the most poignant subplots of the series; oh, spoiler alert BTW

Goodnight all

Morning all if all there be

Dry (as in not currently raining).

Colder at 16.1 deg in here.

Misty/foggy: can't see the other side of the valley, there's tidy then.

Sunless. Don't think it's up yet.

1025 mBar and 66% RH.

Sunday.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22nd November 2020 at 08:45.

Super poster

Bells on Sunday... Even the robins were still asleep.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).