test please delete test please delete - Page 33741
Page 33741 of 33982 FirstFirst ... 32741332413364133691337313373933740337413374233743337513379133841 ... LastLast
Posts 337,401 to 337,410 of 339818

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Walk walked. The hill is heaving with what must be very large families, unless they are groups of people who don’t care about who they infect.
    Lots of cyclists out not even one metre apart. They are definitely not from the same family, and by their outer wear I know they are amateur cycling or tri club members.

Even saw a couple of guys on foot in normal clothes shake hands and say "Good to meet you"

Oh and the food hall had a few nervous old people in it looking scared anyone would go near them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Sunday shopping trip to Tesco, Morrisons, and B&M done, washed, dusted, dried, and put away.

Lamb is aroasting in the oven since I'm late today.

Judging by the feeling in my chest, I may be very late.

Probably muscular since it came on with humping the shopping up the garden path.

Roads clogged with irritating mamils.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

More fingers than teeth

First load of bed linen out of the WM and hung about.

Second load of bed linen in the WM.

DW is full to overflowing due to me forgetting to put it on last night so it's got dinner things and brunch things all vying for space.

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and rather Simpsonesque out

Only 9°C though, which is as good as it's going to get

But Monkey Life S2 is on!

More fingers than teeth

The sun has come out.

Vacuuming done. Having a sit down while I wait for bed linen load #2 to finish. Should be done soon and then we'll go out to the shop.

Decided we will also stop off my storage place and.drop off things I picked up from the parentals a couple of months ago.

The WM has finished! That was quick. Now it's bleating in that passive aggressive abandonment issues way it does.

The roast lamb was rather pleasant.

Following which a rather foreshortened walk was walked, on the principle that I really can't be arsed with the quantity of mud on the paths at the moment.

The Leg complained a bit, as did The Toe, but it all quietened down quite nicely.

Next: two little bits of painting to be done before the departure of the scaffolding.

Followed by a bit of a bonfire, though I may not bother with that on the grounds of being can't be arsed.

The trip to B&M yielded a rechargable LED battery lantern (10W) and a PIR controlled LED security light (20W).

If they're any good I may get more.

Oh, and the sun's been out, though it's rather cloudy now.

Leftover Chinese for lunch: a bit of crispy duck, and some beef chow mein quickly refried with lashings of soy sauce

More fingers than teeth

The drive to Gerry's was uneventful, even the awful bit of the A4 through Knightsbridge was easily passable. Lots of idiot drivers (both car and scooter). I swore a lot at them all.

Very quiet in town, I have to say. Very unbecoming for a crisp, sunny Sunday afternoon.

I then tried to be clever on the way back and thought I was on Old Brompton Road but ended up on Fulham Road. So this meant me wondering why taking a left was not taking me to where I ought to be. Being one road further down, I should have been looking for a right. Fortunately, what with traffic levels being so low, it wasn't too bad. Stuff was dropped off at the storage place and then we had a quick wizz round the den of chaos that is the Tesco Superstore on Cromwell Road.

Parking space secured near enough outside my flat and my reverse parking was exemplary today (if you ignore the first attempt where I didn't angle it quite right and then managed to stall the car).

All in all, a very productive afternoon.

Tea: several bramble jelly sandwiches on Morrisons multigrain bread/Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, Morrisons scotch egg (reduced), Ginsters Moroccan vegan pasty, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And, for the first time in several years, some Tesco raspberry ripple icecream.

Because I'm worth it.

My arteries are hardening even as I type.

Entertainment:

The Oak Island nutjobs on Blaze at 21:00 wherein we find Yet More Wood.

And a chunk of iron.

Other than that, dunno really, we'll see what appeals.

Oh, and that LED battery lantern thing is astonishingly bright.

More fingers than teeth

Landlady is sending me the Tado kit to install, arriving tomorrow. This is very good news as HWMBO can sort that for me while I'm "working".