• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Watched High Plains Drifter last night. Bit confusing as the marshal that was whipped to death looked like Clint Eastwood. Thought maybe he'd somehow risen from the dead, expect nobody in the town recognised him.
      I assume that was the idea; create that ambivalence about whether it's his ghost come to take revenge, and so on

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Having thought on this I suspect the logic used here was, "I am on my own, so therefore I am isolating" whilst completely missing the point of what self-isolation actually entails.
        Possibly so, though one would hope that a woman in her eighties had managed to garner at least a vague understanding of how disease transmission happens

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Not Eastwood but Walter Barnes according to

High Plains Drifter (1973) - IMDb

Entertainment: Dunno yet.

"Why does everyone hate the English" on Blaze at 21:00.
          Scotland this week.

Walter Barnes presumably was the sheriff who replaced the whipped to death sheriff.

A third of the way through the 4 hour epic that is "Gettysburg (1993)".

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Possibly so, though one would hope that a woman in her eighties had managed to garner at least a vague understanding of how disease transmission happens
          It's them 5G mast wot do it.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 November 2020, 21:28.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ

I see “it’ll all be over by Christmas” is now “it should be getting better after Easter”
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Entertainment:
              "Why does everyone hate the English" on Blaze at 21:00.
              Stirling bridge.

Culloden.

William Wallace.

Refusing to take Scottish money in England.

The evils of Thatcher.

Shutdown shipyards.

Deep fried Mars bars.

Deep fried watermelon.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 November 2020, 08:45.

Comment

Tea has been chicken rogan josh, with rice and naan; very tasty

Comment

Tado challenges continue. Waiting on a support response.

HWMBO made dinner for today and tomorrow as the Caribbean goat curry needs to fester in the fridge overnight.

Comment

Tonight's viewing was Linotype: The Film (2012), about the eponymous typesetting machine and the people who still keep them going. Big nostalgia kick for me, as we had one at the school press in the late 1970s, when they started vanishing from the printing industry as phototypesetting took over, and to this day it's the most incredible and unlikely machine I have ever encountered. Seriously, it's like a Heath Robinson contraption raised to the Nth power; yet for nearly a hundred years it was used to set every page of every newspaper in the world, and a good percentage of the books too. A wonderful beast, if you don't mind being close to a machine that has so many moving parts it could remove multiple pieces of your body simultaneously just in the normal process of operating it, and is prone to squirting a powerful jet of molten type metal at your groin if something goes wrong; as one of the chaps in the film said, "This was pre-idiot-proof"

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Dry.

What appears to be blue sky with fluffy white clouds, though I fell for that one yesterday.

Warmer at 15.6 deg in here.

1014 mBar and 65% RH.

Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                      X