test please delete test please delete - Page 33767
Page 33767 of 33980 FirstFirst ... 32767332673366733717337573376533766337673376833769337773381733867 ... LastLast
Posts 337,661 to 337,670 of 339793

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I give things a good, firm shake on extraction
    yeh, me too
    NOOOOO!! - not the Blue wire!!

My post count is Majestic

Walk walked; didn't need to go so far today as my several trips up and down related to bins had generously been recorded as exercise by the watch, but it still got me to green ring closed

The alternative route I took led me past the chip shop that I generally regard as Not That Good, but looking in, it did occur to me that I've only ever gone there later in the evening, when stuff has been sitting around. At this time of the evening it's very busy and the rapid turnover means stuff would probably be in better nick. I must give it a teatime visit one of these days

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's viewing-whilst-eating was Powering Britain: Gas. Turns out I should have watched the Wind one instead as that expires tomorrow evening, so I'll have to try to remember to watch it before 8pm
    Turns out I checked that after midnight, so the "tomorrow" in question is Saturday and I don't need to watch it before 8pm tonight

It'd help if the programmes had episode numbers. iPlayer seems to display them in an arbitrary order, which means I've watched the biomass and gas ones, which appear to have been episodes two and three, but are separated by two weeks in their expiration dates, while one and two are separated by a week, as are three and four. And all of them show a "First shown" date of 20th August at 7:30pm, which implies they ran them all simultaneously

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Tea (once I've recovered from the day's exertions): non chunky Tesco breaded haddock, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    And so it transpired.

Entertainment: more of "The Sting (1973)", the film that launched Scott Joplin despite him being dead.

Walking Britain's lost railways on 5 at 20:00.

Something about The Ghan on ITV+1 at 21:00 (Griff's Australian Adventure, the Ghan is a train).

More of "The Sting (1973)".

Any or all of the above may or may not transpire as the fancy takes me.

Not forgetting the last part of "Decision at Sundown (1957)" with Old Stoneface himself.

I dunno why I like Randolph Scott films but I do, and this one is a Budd Boetticher film so that's double plus.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27th November 2020 at 19:25.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Super poster

TOTP 1990 was tulip.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Rave from the grave on Talking Pictures: "Out (1978)" with Tom Bell.

Feck me it's a looooong time since I watched that.

The Griff Rhys Jones thing was amusing enough, & the preceding Lost British Railway lines thing was inneresting too, the Barnstaple to Lynton narrow gauge line being half of it.

More fingers than teeth

Dinner was much dim sum and other things

Ents was Train to Busan (2016) - IMDb an excellent fillum that has been on the list for a while. The best and worst of humanity in under 2 hours.

Now I'm inflicting Tremors (1990) - IMDb on HWMBO for a larf. Oh how young Kevin Bacon looks
    Last edited by ladymuck; 27th November 2020 at 22:26.

For some odd reason I've got the box set of Tremors.

I have no idea why.

Then again, I'm currently watching some Septic lady called Megan Fox investigating the supernatural powers of Stonehenge, Silbury Hill, and Avebury.

Or not as the case may be.

Tea has been the remaining appendages of the Big Chicken, reheated in the oven, with chips and lashings of ketchup

The remainder of the fowl is now ready for soup making; chicken and barley this time, I reckon

By the by: this time ten years ago, I was experiencing the early symptoms of my first heart attack