• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a fitness hit today. Always said I'd commit suicide if I couldn't run up my steep road but haven't done it for ages Today I ran up a path which is not as long but even steeper.

On the down side I've lost another glove while walking. Just a few days ago I lost a pair. Now out of gloves. Think I'll get those kids ones that you tie on with string.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 30 November 2020, 16:14.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon walk walked, guineas put to bed. Chickens next.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Stone me, it started out gloomy and picking with drizzle.

It's now built up to practically dark and drizzling with a vengeance.

Another patch concreted in the tin shed.

If I'd realised quite how much it was going to take I might not have bothered.

Looks like the patch under the PCB etch machine needs doing too, but I won't be able to tell properly until everything is back more or less where it needs to be.

Which will require patching of the tin sheets.

I must be mad.

I seem to have irritated the rat that's living in the compost heap by stuffing a whole rotten orange down its burrow.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Chickens in bed, doors shut on the houses. Time to get back to work.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I was going to go for a bit of a walk but it turns out its quite drizzly out, with a fresh breeze to ensure said drizzle is driven into your face

I'll hop on the exercise bike later instead

Comment

Tea: the remainder of yesterday's roast chicken breast with bacon and a sausage, stewed pears sans custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengette tea.

Rather pleasant but not as nice as yesterday.

<hiatus whilst the wireless is switched off>

Entertainment: probably another of the Man from Uncle films.

"One spy too many (1966)" with Rip Torn.

"Why does everyone hate the English?: Germany".

Oddly they seem to hate the English rather less than the Celtic Fringe.

<hiatus>

Well that was long.

"One spy too many" pretty averagely average all in all, somewhat tedious, a bit like two tv eps glued together with a bit of filler added.

Which, oddly enough, is what it was.

Having read the reviews of the other 3 "films" I'm not sure I have the stamina to cope with the "excitement" of watching them.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 November 2020, 23:24.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No idea what to have for dinner. I did too good a job of reorganising the fridge and freezing stuff it seems.

Comment

Ents is The Valhalla Murders on iPlayer.

Comment

Dinner Chicken curry.

Not sure what tomorrows dinner is as I just pulled stuff out of the freezer to defrost. Suspect it's chilli.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The wind has gotten up all of a sudden. No sign of the forecast rain.

Comment

Working...
                      X