• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Got one of these on the way from Client B. ready for starting on Monday.

I also just found out that they are a Lotus Notes operation. I know banks tend to run a lot of legacy stuff but I'd never have taken the gig if I'd known that
    I miss Lotus Notes, it was and still Is the only IT qualification I achieved when IBM certified me
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      My client uses O365 but you need a token to access it from a device that isn't theirs and they don't give those to externals.

Good call on the power supply... I may have to lose mine when the time comes.
      Same here, seems to connect via a VPN (although one that connects automatically so nothing to enter)
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Could be worse; could have been a Linux desktop
        Most clients now normally give me two or three laptops with different OS.

They could use virtual machines but that is like hardwork.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Scotch broth with wholemeal bread for lunch

Comment

My calendar just popped up a reminder that I should set off for the CUK Christmas Do real soon now… must be left over from the 2016 event, as that was on the 9th

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

The reason it was done in daylight this time was that firstly, I'd just set off a long-running task and figured I might as well get a breath of fresh air while it completed; and secondly, I wanted to vary my route to pop by the barber's and check that they were taking customers again, and there wouldn't be much point going there in the evening when they're closed. The long-running task finished successfully a minute or so after I got back; and they are indeed issuing haircuts once more, so I've got an appointment for four o'clock tomorrow afternoon

Might as well get it done before the city is plunged into lockdown yet again

Comment

I did a quick dash to the post box at lunch time. It is cold out!

Still dry though.

It's quite chilly in my office, despite tado thinking it's at the right temperature, so I've popped the blow heater on so mess with it a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Got one of these on the way from Client B. ready for starting on Monday.

I also just found out that they are a Lotus Notes operation. I know banks tend to run a lot of legacy stuff but I'd never have taken the gig if I'd known that
                  I had ZTE pitching me an email system for an African OpCo.

"Do you use it in house?"
                  "No we use Lotus notes, it is integrated into a lot of our systems".

Integrated.....

(BTW, I am hiding from Vetran in here)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    My calendar just popped up a reminder that I should set off for the CUK Christmas Do real soon now… must be left over from the 2016 event, as that was on the 9th
                    Well in theory it should be this Friday. Ho and indeed hum
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Well in theory it should be this Friday. Ho and indeed hum
                      Indeed. Ah well, maybe Easter…

Comment

Working...
                      X