• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I finally settled on Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) - IMDb as I've not yet seen it and I fancied something a bit bonkers.
    That's utterly insane, I thought

It's on my list of possible rewatches

Comment

Finally got around to changing the bed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Finally got around to changing the bed
        Make sure it's remade before you go bed later!

Comment

Make sure it's remade before you go bed later!
          All done - I stripped it this afternoon and opened the bedroom window to let it air for a few hours, and remade it just now

Comment

Tea has been chicken casserole with chips and peas, and very tasty it was

Comment

The shops will soon be closed for forty hours! I hope everybody's remembered to get eight gallons of milk and twenty-three loaves of bread, so they don't run out
              Food shops open on Boxing Day here inside the M25, and due to some people not being Christian there will be random shops open tomorrow.

In fact one year I went to a Tesco Express on Christmas Day that wasn't a petrol station. I drove past it when I went to have my lunch with a relation, then made an excuse to go and buy some mince pies from it.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I finally settled on Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) - IMDb as I've not yet seen it and I fancied something a bit bonkers.
                That's utterly insane, I thought

It's on my list of possible rewatches
                You are quite right. It's insane.

It didn't realise it was a women's lib fillum

Very entertaining though, exactly what I was after.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Food shops open on Boxing Day here inside the M25, and due to some people not being Christian there will be random shops open tomorrow.

In fact one year I went to a Tesco Express on Christmas Day that wasn't a petrol station. I drove past it when I went to have my lunch with a relation, then made an excuse to go and buy some mince pies from it.
                  Leicester's always been good for that because of the disparate communities here. Some of them don't sell bacon or pork sausages for reasons of faith, but most of them do on the grounds that faith is faith but paying customers are what you're in business for

Though up around Spinney Hill, where I've lived several times over the years, the chip shops tend to do mutton sausages, which are excellent. They also offer a sprinkle of chilli powder on your chips as an alternative to salt and vinegar, but I just opt for the salt and vinegar myself

Comment

You are quite right. It's insane.

It didn't realise it was a women's lib fillum

Very entertaining though, exactly what I was after.
                    Yeah, it's cracking stuff that one

Tonight's major motion picture premiere here was World War Z (2013). It's good, but it's also amusing to note that it's had all those Hollywood dollars spent on it but isn't as good as 28 Days Later

And then, because I like it and could happily watch it a hundred times, Lola Rennt (1998). I noticed this time that the fuchsia-tinted locks in Lola's hair aren't really highlighted until quite late in the film, but I have no idea if this means anything or is just happenstance to do with angles of shots and lighting. Anyway, cracking film

Finally, I saw off some more of The Sopranos: S6AE9 The Ride (TV Episode 2006), S6AE10 Moe n' Joe (TV Episode 2006), and S6AE11 Cold Stones (TV Episode 2006)

Goodnight all
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 25 December 2020, 05:51.

Comment

Joyeux Noël à ma collection d'amis étranges...

Something Understood, now it's the cast of The Archers doing their thing on R4.

Poor little lamb has its leg tempering in the kitchen, for today will be it's last...
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X