• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Which brings us back nicely to the subject of refried beans.
    Haven't had any repercussions from the beans this week.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Haven't had any repercussions from the beans this week.
      Well they aren´t really percussion instruments are they? Think trombone or tuba, not drums.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Finished off the beans and then found some wild boar sausages. I use this recipe, but add lots of chorizo and creme fraiche.
        There's a wahaca that's just opened up in Cardiff (the only one outside London AFAIK)

hmmmm sweet lovely Tomasina... yes, yes I would.

</casual sexism>

Comment

Greetings denizens

Off to the docs for my flu jab at 3. Then for a haircut

Comment

I have seen soepballen in the shops, but never in soup anywhere when eating out.

They do have bitterballen or garnarlen kroketten, but I only like them from places where they are home made, luckily there is one place locally and they vary the filling depending on the season.
            I came across them the first time we ate out in Amsterdam. I'd ordered tomato soup, and was utterly delighted when I got near the bottom and discovered little meatballs lurking there

I asked Gerda if it ever occurred to restaurateurs to warn customers that the tomato soup wasn't vegetarian, as I could imagine a lot of veggies being caught out by it on their first visit. She just laughed and said that the Dutch didn't really think about vegetarians at all

Comment

I think it's time to say...

BORED

NOW

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I came across them the first time we ate out in Amsterdam. I'd ordered tomato soup, and was utterly delighted when I got near the bottom and discovered little meatballs lurking there

I asked Gerda if it ever occurred to restaurateurs to warn customers that the tomato soup wasn't vegetarian, as I could imagine a lot of veggies being caught out by it on their first visit. She just laughed and said that the Dutch didn't really care about food at all
                FTFY
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Greetings denizens

Off to the docs for my flu jab at 3. Then for a haircut
                  Haven't had a letter about my flu jab yet

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I asked Gerda if it ever occurred to restaurateurs to warn customers that the tomato soup wasn't vegetarian, as I could imagine a lot of veggies being caught out by it on their first visit. She just laughed and said that the Dutch didn't really think about vegetarians at all
                    In the Hilton in Windhoek, Namibia, I witnessed the reaction of the chef when an American lady approached the buffet, which displayed a selection of grilled large and small ruminant mammals, and asked if there was any vegetarian food available. The chef, slightly bemused, replied 'yes ma'am; there's a melon over there'.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      There's a wahaca that's just opened up in Cardiff (the only one outside London AFAIK)

hmmmm sweet lovely Tomasina... yes, yes I would.

</casual sexism>
                      I do like the food at wahaca, its all very fresh and seasonal.

I miss going there after cuk drinks.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X