• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I had to quote you to see what you did there.
    Here's a list of BBCode supported by vBulletin: vBulletin.org Forum - vB Code List

I think most of those work on here. [highlight] certainly does. [high]Does [high]?[/high] Apparently not.

Let's try [imgrft]:

[imgrft]http://www.nickfitz.co.uk/images/we-told-them-the-wealth.jpg[/imgrft]

Nope

I wonder what, if anything, [minicode] does:

[minicode]http://www.nickfitz.co.uk/images/we-told-them-the-wealth.jpg[/minicode]

Nothing, apparently

Ho hum

To save you all the trouble of having to copy the URL to find out what the image up there is:

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It's a tricky problem. It either has to be smilie-aware, or be done after the smilie parsing has happened. It also gets applied even if you use the [noparse] BBCode tag, which turns off other aspects of parsing :eyes <- like that
      Or we could just not do it and allow abusers to be berated as cretins in the normal manner.

Comment

In other news, why can’t cloggy dentists learn about anaesthetics? Last Friday I went to the dentist, thinking I could catch a rotting tooth on time, but it turned out to need root canal treatment. Well OK, I’ve been through it before and if it’s properly anaesthetised it’s bearable. But not this time. Apparently there was an infection in the root that prevented the lidocaine working, so each time he stuck his probe into the root I felt excruciating pain, despite several injections. Dentist said there was nothing he could do to prevent that. Afterwards I turned to my friend Google, who provided information to the contrary, with dentists saying that carbocaine can work in these cases, that bicarb of soda can help reduce the acidity of an infection and support the working of lidocaine, or that an anaesthetic of the whole jaw should work. Bastard!
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Pimp call

Apparently the prospective client has got somebody lined up for a "technical test" this evening, but if that doesn't satisfy them they'll want to see more CVs tomorrow; so I'll be punted to them then, if the opportunity arises

Comment

Think I'll have a shower, get a bacon or sausage (or both) cob for lunch from the sandwich shop over the road, and parse some more books from Project Gutenberg

Comment

Pimp call

Apparently the prospective client has got somebody lined up for a "technical test" this evening, but if that doesn't satisfy them they'll want to see more CVs tomorrow; so I'll be punted to them then, if the opportunity arises
              aaaaannnnnd you're back on the grid!
              Join IPSE

Comment

Greetings CUKers

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Morning

Off to Epernay for the last leg of Norr's tour de France.
                Enjoy!

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Feck.

I think I've now really & truly had enough of this tuliphole.

They're introducing Saturday classes.

Well they'll have to do them without me.

Saturday is the only day of the week I have more or less to myself.

Apart from doing the laundry and food shopping of course.
                Fck that for a game of soldiers!

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Or we could just not do it and allow abusers to be berated as cretins in the normal manner.
                WMS

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                In other news, why can’t cloggy dentists learn about anaesthetics? Last Friday I went to the dentist, thinking I could catch a rotting tooth on time, but it turned out to need root canal treatment. Well OK, I’ve been through it before and if it’s properly anaesthetised it’s bearable. But not this time. Apparently there was an infection in the root that prevented the lidocaine working, so each time he stuck his probe into the root I felt excruciating pain, despite several injections. Dentist said there was nothing he could do to prevent that. Afterwards I turned to my friend Google, who provided information to the contrary, with dentists saying that carbocaine can work in these cases, that bicarb of soda can help reduce the acidity of an infection and support the working of lidocaine, or that an anaesthetic of the whole jaw should work. Bastard!
                Ouch!

Think I'll have a shower, get a bacon or sausage (or both) cob for lunch from the sandwich shop over the road, and parse some more books from Project Gutenberg
                Both, definitely both.

Comment

Two cobs, one with bacon the other with sausage.

Comment

Finally got a start date for new gig!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      Two cobs, one with bacon the other with sausage.
                      We have a winner!

That's exactly what I did. Very nice too

Comment

Working...
                      X