• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    So I don't fit in here either.
    And that wasn't what I said here either. What I meant was don't ask such questions as we really don't want to answer them here...

In other news

<--- and I'm here until 6pm as I need to collect someone from the airport...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The denizens of general seem to indicate I am a bad person, an incompetent, a bedwetter, a moron, a cretin. Is this really me? Should I just stop fecking trying with people as I just do not fit in, anywhere?
      TBH Suity, I don't believe that more crap happens to you than to anyone else. It's how you deal with the crap - you can take it personally and let it get you down, or chalk it up to experience and move on (easier said than done, I know). People's priorities do change when they get a new partner - new love makes you very one-minded. It's up to you whether you hang around or not, but don't take it personally. You can moan about it on a forum and get the piss taken out of you if it helps, but if that gets you down, then it's probably better not to do it. It's a fair bet that a large proportion of your fellow forum dwellers are also dealing with piles of poo on a regular basis.

Comment

Happy Friday - surrounded by coughers and sneezers today - go home diseased people!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          TBH Suity, I don't believe that more crap happens to you than to anyone else. It's how you deal with the crap - you can take it personally and let it get you down, or chalk it up to experience and move on (easier said than done, I know). People's priorities do change when they get a new partner - new love makes you very one-minded. It's up to you whether you hang around or not, but don't take it personally. You can moan about it on a forum and get the piss taken out of you if it helps, but if that gets you down, then it's probably better not to do it. It's a fair bet that a large proportion of your fellow forum dwellers are also dealing with piles of poo on a regular basis.
          +1 WMSS
          Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
            Happy Friday - surrounded by coughers and sneezers today - go home diseased people!
            I would but I'm not losing a days pay over it
            Join IPSE

Comment

Morning
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                You are right. I certainly don't think I have a bad life. And I'm nothing special.

What I mean is that I constantly strive to be nice, caring and put others first. And constantly I get crapped on. Even by my own mother and father who I know longer have a relationship with.

I makes me doubt people. Makes me wonder if I as born at the wrong time. Perhaps in the 1950s people were less self obsessed, less selfish. Or perhaps I am just deluded.

Why is it that striving to work hard and put others first means you get crapped on? Perhaps it's just better to swing the lead and be a selfish self obsessed so and so?

Or is this the test. To make it to the grave, having not prostituted your standards despite how sorely tested they are along the way? And chin up, the next bezzie will be along in a minute, don't carry any baggage, treat them anew and give them the same caring attention as you always do, while waiting all the while to get crapped on again?

Just asking.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You are right. I certainly don't think I have a bad life. And I'm nothing special.

What I mean is that I constantly strive to be nice, caring and put others first. And constantly I get crapped on. Even by my own mother and father who I know longer have a relationship with.

I makes me doubt people. Makes me wonder if I as born at the wrong time. Perhaps in the 1950s people were less self obsessed, less selfish. Or perhaps I am just deluded.

Why is it that striving to work hard and put others first means you get crapped on? Perhaps it's just better to swing the lead and be a selfish self obsessed so and so?

Or is this the test. To make it to the grave, having not prostituted your standards despite how sorely tested they are along the way? And chin up, the next bezzie will be along in a minute, don't carry any baggage, treat them anew and give them the same caring attention as you always do, while waiting all the while to get crapped on again?

Just asking.
                  Too much self-reflection, mate. What is, is. Some people are lovely, some people are gits. Some lovely people behave like gits sometimes. Some gits do nice things sometimes.

Comment

Just asking.
                    Suity, you’re a nice bloke. Being a nice person isn’t easy because there are lots of people who don’t have that desire to be nice and who will try to abuse your decent nature. I don’t think it was better in the 50s or any other time; humans have evolved this way, and 60 years doesn’t make a difference in the grand scheme of things. If you really want to be the nice guy, you’ll have to do two things that are easier said than done, and with which I sometimes struggle too; firstly, be prepared to toughen up sometimes and assert your position politely but firmly. Secondly, learn to accept that being a nice person in a nasty environment is a challenge in itself and staying that way is an achievement in itself, regardless of the riches or otherwise that you might gain or lose, and just be proud that when people were treating each other like dirt, you stayed true to what you are; a nice bloke. Don’t expect that to be easy. The saying ‘treat others as you would like to be treated yourself’ unfortunately often only works in one direction, so don’t expect to be treated well just because you’re nice to others, but when someone does or says something pleasant, however small, value that and take pleasure from it. Doesn’t matter what; just simple act of kindness, holding a door open for someone who’s struggling with bags, helping a woman with a pram get out of the train, or simply a cheerful workman who says good morning; these are the things that we should take pleasure in, and should give pleasure the same way.

Don’t go thinking you have to become a barsteward to enjoy life.
                    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 17 October 2014, 09:08.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Morning all.

Suity: Doing the right thing/being nice etc regardless of the result or personal gain is called integrity and is the only true measure of a man. So don't let some others lack of it reduce yours. Head up, back straight, onwards you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X