• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    New gig is a bit of a rush - I haven't even had an interview. The agent and I spoke on the phone yesterday, and he did ask some quite detailed technical questions, and also seemed to understand the even more detailed answers. Apparently he sent three CVs across. The ClientCo manager called him this morning asking which he thought was the strongest candidate, and he said I was, citing bits of the phone conversation yesterday; whereupon CC chap said that was good enough for him, could I be there on Monday, and as it takes a bit of time to sort out a company laptop and such, can I bring my own?

Apparently the idea is that I can get a head start on understanding the requirements and so forth, and even be getting some code written, while they are sorting out network access and all that, which takes ages because they're a big international financial outfit.

Fine by me
    Client C basically phoned me direct and asked when I could start (admittedly I have worked for them before). Then went and told the agent to sort themselves out and give me a contract

Client A did similar but didn't bother with the Agent, just gave me a PO.

Client B did at least use and agent and give me a telephone interview, but it wasn't with anyone related to the job I'm doing or are even in the management chain for the business unit I'm working in.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Having to use Stock VS2010. It's painful
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I am on the worst call EVER.

They are using an air travel analogy.

Just been through the inflight safety briefing.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Sounds like my interviews for this place. Checked references and that I was human but didn't check my technical skill set as that wasn't important....
          This lot said they want me to bring my own laptop in, as they can't get me a company one until their detailed security checks have been carried out (banking, don'cha know), but that takes a while and they need me to be getting started straight away

I did wonder if I was being a bit too technical when chatting to the agent yesterday, but figured he'd shut me up if necessary and blathered on anyway. Good job I did! Though I'm still wondering if he knew what I was talking about, or just figured that if I could come up with so much incomprehensible waffle off the top of my head then it must mean something…

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            I am on the worst call EVER.

They are using an air travel analogy.

Just been through the inflight safety briefing.
            Now looking at changes from 30,000ft

Comment

The good news is that I don't have to "eat the elephant all in one go".

Which is nice.

Comment

We'd like to thank the last speaker for being an inspiration!

FFS.

The next speaker will help us get the plane off the ground. (again)

Comment

The current slide has a guy in a parachute.

It doesn't look good folks.

Comment

The good news is that I don't have to "eat the elephant all in one go".

Which is nice.
                    Especially for the elephant

Comment

The current slide has a guy in a parachute.

It doesn't look good folks.
                      who was the last person to leave
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X