• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    More like a SuperhubLess?

I don't envy you calling them, as a long term customer of theirs it always ends up in them pointlessly booking a "tech visit" and by the time they're due to show the problem on the network is fixed so I cancel.

Comment

We had fun for years - every time the temperature dropped below zero, the phone stopped working. Of course they never came out when it was below zero, so they always found our line to be working. The third winter, we finally had someone come when it was suitably chilly and resolved the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

I don't envy you calling them, as a long term customer of theirs it always ends up in them pointlessly booking a "tech visit" and by the time they're due to show the problem on the network is fixed so I cancel.
        This time I know it is the superhub, I even told them what was wrong with it but they still had to do all the checks
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Gawd. Back to ClientCorp tomorrow

The whole department, including myself, will be spending the entire week in a series of full-day workshops to do with some new methodology they're adopting for some purpose or other

As a good friend said many years ago, any use of the word "workshop" other than in the context of light engineering is immediately suspect
          Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I don't even have a desk to go to. Although pretty sure I inadvertently left some tampons (unused) at the back of the desk I vacated. That will be nice for its new occupant. My headphones might be there too, so retrieval may be in order.
          Still benched so pimps will be getting a not so gentle reminder that I'm still alive and well and still not a native Dutch speaker
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Exactly what happened to me over Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              This time I know it is the superhub, I even told them what was wrong with it but they still had to do all the checks
              That's par for the course with them, especially if you get the call center on the sub continent. They're obsessive about following the script and don't acknowledge there's actually a fault until the set number of customers have called to report it. The UK call center seems to answer maybe 1 in 20 calls, but they're far better and do tend to take more appropriate action..
              As someone who used to be in comms engineering I've usually got a fair idea where the fault lies and I've always tried what they would regard as the local fix steps plus some more

Comment

Night peeps

May flights of angels sort out your respective hubs
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Night peeps

May flights of angels sort out your respective hubs
                  Goodnight

Suppose I ought to crash soon. I need to set off early all this week, because of the damn workshop thing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Gawd. Back to ClientCorp tomorrow

The whole department, including myself, will be spending the entire week in a series of full-day workshops to do with some new methodology they're adopting for some purpose or other

As a good friend said many years ago, any use of the word "workshop" other than in the context of light engineering is immediately suspect
                    Oh dear.

Workshop = Post-it notes + bullshit: + insufficient number of Danish pastries
                    Grit your teeth and think of the money
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      Grit your teeth and think of the money
                      That's the plan

Comment

Working...