• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Bendegedig
    Cad a duirt tu?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      More food nonsense blogged and I even managed to get a pussy pic in that was relevant to a restaurant review
      Whizzo. Bonus points for wedging in a pic of your furry friend <fnaar, fnaar>
      Caught up on the Mr N thing and hoping it gets better soon. Mr Z concurs.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I had that bloke as well, just blocked him in the end.
        Praise the Lord Jehovah and pass the ammunition. Especially if they ring my virtual doorbell.
        I think I may remove the doorbell.

I'm slightly tempted to bait them but it wouldn't suit the Twitter thing, 'cos I only follow certain stuff.

I'll have a think about it.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Watching The Baader Meinhof Complex. God, Andreas Baader was an utter cock

Terrible disrespect they all showed to their hosts' culture when they were in the terrorist training camp in Jordan, too

Comment

Cad a duirt tu?
            As i understand, it doesn't have a direct translation to English. But it would be along the lines of 'wonderful' or 'marvellous'. I'm not a native speaker - mear ex wraig yn cymraes ac fy yn dysgu yn siarad Cymraeg.

Comment

Intermission (it's a long film).

And somehow, as a result, I now find myself racking my brains trying to remember which friend this was:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I still think my favourite Wikipedia extract is the one describing a friend of mine's personal and professional life undergoing utter collapse leading to years of misery and failure, after which some git has added a "citation needed" link

Comment

I'm trying to find a story about a bloke and two girls I knew (not well, they went to an open mic evening in a pub I worked in years ago, but we never even chatted to speak of) of whom I'm reminded by the character of Andreas Baader in this film, and the Svengali-like hold he had over his group. I thought I might once have told it on here, and if so those words would probably have been better than the words I'm trying to find to tell the story now. But maybe I just thought about telling it, and couldn't find the words then either.

It ended bizarrely and very badly. So bizarre, it made the international Press. But this was before all news went online, and I can't remember any of their names, and it ended in another country, and my Google skills are failing me.

But anyway, that's why I was turning up TPD posts from 2007 while I take a break from the film. And I'm still not sure how best to tell their tale. So maybe I'll leave it for another time again.

Comment

I remember the "Terroristen" posters full of mugshots in railway stations in Germany when my sister was living there in the 1970s.

Looking back, it's odd that they seemed like a significant and real menace, to young me, in a way that our very own British - sorry, Irish - terrorists never did, even when a bunch of them were caught with guns and bombs in a house just round the corner from my Nana's home in Liverpool. I suppose it's because "the IRA" was some faceless organisation for the most part, whereas in Germany the posters had those mugshots, and you could feel that those specific twenty (or however many) actual, individual people were out to kill you (not you personally, but you in the mass).

Still, we live in happier times now. Oh, hang on…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Intermission (it's a long film).

And somehow, as a result, I now find myself racking my brains trying to remember which friend this was:

Time for more wine!

Comment

Seven minutes and twenty-six seconds of credits

Blowin' in the Wind (original 1963 version by Dylan) is over a couple of minutes of them, though, which is a bonus of sorts

Anyone know the German for "Accountant"?

Comment

Working...
                      X