• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Early indications are promising! Bag has accumulated a large puddle of black gloop which I have re-agitated. A tentative dab at a tiny patch on the back of the oven door left a clear patch. Will leave it till lunchtime to effect the grand reveal. (Gloves warning heeded, thanks!)
    It's great stuff. (correction: sodium hydroxide, not peroxide).

Once it's cleaned you just need to wipe off with a cloth most times after that.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      costic vs cawstic?
      Indeedy. I'm sure the queen would say cawstic.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Make sure you wear gloves. The first time I didn't and my hands were wrinkled, sore and dry as the sodium peroxide stripped the oils from my skin. It's the best oven cleaner out there - saved myself quite a few quid by cleaning the oven, hobs and extractor fan myself (as you saw last week).
        Stone me.

I'm amazed you didn't end up in a burns unit.

Comment

Indeedy. I'm sure the queen would say cawstic.
          caustic - pronunciation of caustic by Cambridge Dictionaries Online

Comment

Running late

Guess they are searching for the scope up MF's arse

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Running late

Guess they are searching for the scope up MF's arse
              I had a down the gullet one. I hope they use a different pipe for different ends.

Comment

I had a down the gullet one. I hope they use a different pipe for different ends.
                I'm having both done today.

I shall check with the nurse soon.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Stone me.

I'm amazed you didn't end up in a burns unit.
                  WHS, always used gloves with that stuff its lethal for your skin.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

If I come out clean, I will treat myself to six Nations hospitality package for Eng vs France.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                      If I come out clean, I will treat myself to six Nations hospitality package for Eng vs France.
                      It's one of those things - presumably you're having symptoms of some sort, so you kind of hope they find something that's causing those symptoms, but not something nasty.

I get very bad indigestion - painful to swallow, feels like I've pulled a rib - was convinced I had an ulcer, but nowt. They even did a 24hr acid test, and said that was fine too. Which is great, but doesn't help when I'm sitting here feeling utterly miserable with pain.

Comment

Working...
                      X