• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Well that was bizarre. Was in the bogs, minding my own, and woman asks me "Are you alright?"
    "Yes, thanks. I'm fine." (I was fine)
    "Are you sure, your eyes look red?"

At which point I immediately feel like bursting into tears and having a meltdown!
    My eyes definitely are red. Hayfever kicked in a couple of days ago and I've been clawing my eyes out ever since. Took some antihistamines today so hopefully that'll help

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Not a drop of alcohol last night - maybe that's the problem...
      Maybe you need to nip out at lunch time for a quick drink ?

Comment

I'm sensing that chips n curry sauce might be on the cards for lunch.

Comment

I will be going to eat(the chain) for lunch. Next part of IM strategy is losing weight.

Its doesn't help that I can hardly exercise as my feet are still in pieces. Especially right big toe. Which is essentially one big blood blister with a nail floating somewhere above it.

Sooner it bursts the better.

Anyone still hungry?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

Grey out

The local paper was withering about a severe weather warning for rain, flooding, and so forth. Radar shows rain keeping about fifty to a hundred miles, or more, away either side. I don't suppose anything will come of it
            wittering (sodding autocorrect…)

Comment

Found a problem with a third-party system that was supposedly fixed last month. Doesn't stop me completely, but means I'll only be able to make slow progress

Comment

Found a problem with a third-party system that was supposedly fixed last month. Doesn't stop me completely, but means I'll only be able to make slow progress
                The best kind there is.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I hope you invoice at the fast rate?

Comment

Meeting to discuss how they will butcher the crap architecture to resolve a problem that is only a problem due to the crap architecture has been cancelled.

Question is how long can I keep quiet when everyone else is a total
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      The best kind there is.
                      The best thing about it is that when I get this other contractor to restart the service, it sends about 4,000 emails that have been getting queued since mid-May to the departmental mailbox. Then it gets killed by the restart before it's removed its outgoing message queue, so next time, it sends them all again

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I hope you invoice at the fast rate?
                      Always

Comment

Working...
                      X