• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there we are.

Visited the ZeitParents.

ZeitMater had gone to bed at 19:00 which made things a bit more pleasant.

Read the various prescribed chapters of the Good Book to ZeitPater & then came back & dug some more of my soon to be lawn.

Started at the other end or the square so eventually it'll meet in the middle.

Or at least that's the plan.

We shall see.

The birdies seem to be consuming the blackcurrants at a rate of knots.

They didn't seem so keen last year and it was a fine crop which all went to waste.

Comment

Night all, mind how you go.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Night all, mind how you go.

Goodnight

Me too

Comment

Comment

Morning!

Well I had an interview yesterday that went well and another interview on Monday, so I expect to have to decide between the two.

I always feel a bit bad about this stage of the game. I'm not keen on actually going to an interview and then saying 'no' (although I don't know why, it's happened to me enough times).

Does anyone know where the DWP happen to be based, btw?
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning denizens

Early start to get the shopping out of the way. Turns out the city centre shopping centre containing the Amazon Locker doesn't open until 9am. Won't be having anything delivered there again - I was hoping to get in and out before 8

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Morning!

Well I had an interview yesterday that went well and another interview on Monday, so I expect to have to decide between the two.

I always feel a bit bad about this stage of the game. I'm not keen on actually going to an interview and then saying 'no' (although I don't know why, it's happened to me enough times).
                Good luck!

The Job Centre's by the station - I'll be sure to stop and say hello if I see you queuing there on my way to ClientCorp

Comment

Morning!

DWP are based in Benton Newcastle although it could equally well be Blackpool or Leeds. Basically pick a Northern Town that need employment opportunities between 1960 and 1985..

At Benton you will get a parking space in about 7 years. Until then you need to park at the local metro station (Four Lane Ends) and walk for 5 minutes...

Been there a few times in the past. Its as depressing as it sounds...

as for the upsetting people bit. I felt bad turning down Microsoft as they took a week to get me a contract that I still couldn't accept while the other option really, really wanted me and gave me the standard IPSE contract as featured on the IPSE website..
                  Last edited by eek; 18 July 2015, 08:28.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning!

I had an interview for a DWP gig in Westminster, but I suppose they're spread all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Will no one rid me of this turbulent thread???

It's not turbulence! Zeity's just been on the lentils again

Comment

Working...
                      X