• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast is here!

Comment

Well that's bizarre. You get 6 months after probate where you don't have to pay council tax. Have just received the bill for mother's flat (£1500 a year for a 1 bed flat!!) Googled discounts - if one person is living there, you get 25% discount. If no-one is living there you don't get a discount. In fact, if it remains empty for 2 years, they charge 150% of council tax! I suppose it's to discourage people having empty properties - but being a retirement flat with stupid regulations I can't just move ms#3 in and be done with it. Have just dropped the selling price, but there is bugger all interest... Tis a year this weekend, so I do need to get it finished with.

Comment

Am waiting for the tulipstorm to start on the project of Doom.

Well when I say start, this is just another one in the long line of storms that have plagued this from day one.

This time it's the IT team who seem to have no idea how you sign off requirements. Normal steps should be high level signed off by business, then passed onto tech team to break down to detailed and then architect will sign off on those and off we go.

I can't wait for this project to get canned, which it will in the next month or so.

In the meantime, keep calm and carry on invoicing.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Well that's bizarre. You get 6 months after probate where you don't have to pay council tax. Have just received the bill for mother's flat (£1500 a year for a 1 bed flat!!) Googled discounts - if one person is living there, you get 25% discount. If no-one is living there you don't get a discount. In fact, if it remains empty for 2 years, they charge 150% of council tax! I suppose it's to discourage people having empty properties - but being a retirement flat with stupid regulations I can't just move ms#3 in and be done with it. Have just dropped the selling price, but there is bugger all interest... Tis a year this weekend, so I do need to get it finished with.
          Make up a name and get your 25% discount. I've done that on an empty rental place before. The council won't care, it's not all that joined up.

Then it's up to you whether you bother to pay it or not, since it won't be in your name

Comment

Just watching process make a 2 second task take 3 days....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The time the rain is forecast to stop keeps getting later; presumably arrangements are being made for me to have to drive home through it

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Shame...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The time the rain is forecast to stop keeps getting later; presumably arrangements are being made for me to have to drive home through it

It doesn't seem to be moving off...
                  Rainfall Radar - Met Office
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's buggered off from west yorkshire (or at least my corner of it). Didn't last too long either, but long enough to soak me as I walked back from the MOT garage Just here now.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      It doesn't seem to be moving off...
                      Rainfall Radar - Met Office
                      I keep checking the radar and the forecast of what the radar will be. The forecast shows it moving east but, when I check again later, it's stayed where it was

Comment

Working...
                      X