• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all.

Solicitors visited this morning - info handed over and money paid for the usual searches on the house we're buying. It feels like things are starting to move, gradually...

And now in the office: <---

I even ventured into General. Oh dear. How long will that tedious Pip in a Poke sockie be allowed to drivel before a mod gets fed and bans it? I supoose that the only effect will be another female West Country-based sockie will be warmed up and introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Afternoon all.

Solicitors visited this morning - info handed over and money paid for the usual searches on the house we're buying. It feels like things are starting to move, gradually...

And now in the office: <---

I even ventured into General. Oh dear. How long will that tedious Pip in a Poke sockie be allowed to drivel before a mod gets fed and bans it? I supoose that the only effect will be another female West Country-based sockie will be warmed up and introduced.
      That'll be inneresting.

The famous phrase or saying "Bored. Now." has sprung to mind.

Today has been even more tedious than normal.

Never mind.

Next May will soon be here.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 9 October 2017, 15:26.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        <sing>The telex machine is kept too clean</sing>
        As it types to a waiting world

Took me a while that one - must be because I got up too early!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I think I fancy a burger for lunch today. Late lunch after 2 though.
          It was yum

Now I need a nap because I am full of food.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Put some (non-boring) laundry on, then settled down to tidy up some assorted crap that's taking up space I require for other purposes.

Most of it, unsurprisingly, turned out to be very much crap. Some documents I can scan and then dispose of, some books and DVDs I'd been vaguely aware of not having seen around the place in a while (including The Abominable Doctor Phibes), some stuff that went straight into a recycling bag, and a number of documents that didn't need to be kept (such as letters about parking schemes, or Amazon receipts from 2013) but which had identifying info so needed to be shredded.

Naturally the shredder jammed, and I ended up spending more time sorting that out than I had done on the tidying

Anyway, that's passed the time until the laundry finished, so now I need to go and hang that up to dry.

Comment

Chicken soup has been started, using up last week's carcass

Comment

It has been a bad day.

Time to read Monday links to cheer myself up.....

Comment

Turns out real ale is quite acidic. Stouts more so than blonde ales. This surprises me. I won't tell the dentist, who didn't know when quizzing me on my drinking habits.

Comment

Probably a whisky and water are the least damaging

Comment

But who on earth could get by on just that? <shudders>

Comment

Working...
                      X