• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crumlin_Viaduct

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        the evening's entertainment proper was the recent(ish) remake of The Manchurian Candidate. It seemed a bit of a slow starter, but once it finally got moving it was pretty good, I thought

I would compare it to the original, but I think it's nearly two years ago that I watched that, so the memory is a bit hazy
        I watched it about a month ago & can remember little.

I'm sure the review of same is somewhere above.

Though I don't think it went into any great depth, to be frank.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        This evening's primary entertainment was faffing about.

The first feature was "The Manchurian Candidate", 2004, Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep, shedloads of people from NCIS, and Dean "Green Hair" Stockwell.

The Manchurian Candidate (2004) - IMDb

It was very good.

I have the 1962 version too.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 12 October 2017, 08:15.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          <Even more for Gricer mode>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crumlin_Viaduct</Even more for Gricer mode>
          Testing began that same month, in front of the Board of Trade Inspector, Colonel Wynne. Six locomotives loaded with pig iron or lead weighing a total of 370 long tons (380 t) were placed in charge of locomotive driver "Mad Jack" of Pontypool, who before making his first crossing had visited every public house in Crumlin.

Comment

Limited amount of drama this morning. The 7:55 was 3 carriages, rather than the usual 6. So I waited for the 8:12 instead

Comment

I'm sat here listening the first analogue electronics lecture for the 2nd years.

Did they learn nothing whatsoever last year?

And if so, how the feck did they get to pass the exams?

It must be the "Oh, we did that last year, I didn't think we'd need to know it this year" thing.

Fecking muppets.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, just for a change

I'm pretty sure the chestnut trees outside are keeping their leaves longer this year than in previous years, though I'm not certain. One of them has only really got into the swing of changing colour over the past couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Morning denizens

Sunny out, just for a change

I'm pretty sure the chestnut trees outside are keeping their leaves longer this year than in previous years, though I'm not certain. One of them has only really got into the swing of changing colour over the past couple of weeks.
                  Perhaps your famed Lazyitis is catching?

Comment

Went to a supermarket - a different one from last time - and got some rolls with seeds.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Went to a supermarket - a different one from last time - and got some rolls with seeds.
                      So you can now grow your own rolls ??

Comment

Working...
                      X