• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppose I'd better go to the chemist. Then onwards to the Royal Mail outpost near Alpha Centauri, as a card was left for me yesterday about something too big to fit through the letterbox. I have no idea what it might be.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It's a little bottle, not a tube.The stuff is a liquid, slightly viscous. There's a small spatula inside the lid; you take it out and rest it on the ulcer for a few seconds, and the liquid that was coating the spatula miraculously turns into a kind of skin over the ulcer
      Is it this stuff - linky?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Grrrrrr

At least you will lose the new PM....
        I was telling porkies, there isn't one .

As for earlier release issues, now resolved.

However, I know enough about the system to know incorrect / incomplete components were deployed.
        It even looks like they had a number of goes at it.

Interesting hobby capturing query run times and row counts, they rather tell a story
        As I put these together I know how fast they should run and how many rows should be retrieved.

Obviously, a Cartesian query takes far longer than a relational query with integrity, the row counts balloon as well.

Anyway with "no further changes made", since last night, those godamn multiple issues and disappearing objects went and fixed themselves .

I suspect remotely, under the radar, by an incumbent who is on holiday.

Change control at its very finest
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          As for earlier release issues, now resolved.
          If you have early release issues, try thinking of MF.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            If you have early release issues, try thinking of MF.
            Good suggestion, but it seems there are other unwanted side affects
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Good suggestion, but it seems there are other unwanted side affects
              FTFY.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Home again, again

The thing at the Royal Mail turned out to be a couple of books i'd ordered direct from a publisher, as they had big discounts on Black Friday.

However, these particular books had already been delivered, so I now have two of each

I know they're a small firm, and it looks like mine got sent out, then in dealing with the flood of orders they got during their sale (they sent an email saying how flooded they were and that this might make some orders a bit late) somebody sent them out again.

I'll drop them an email, but as it happens I was thinking of buying one of them as a present for someone anyway, so I might just tell them they can bill me again (assuming I didn't somehow order two of each). I'm sure I can find someone who wants the other one too

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Is it this stuff - linky?
                  No, though I believe that's similar. It's Bonjela Complete Plus - complete with contradictory name!

Comment

Trying to reset my password on the publisher's site (as due to a cock-up with the "validate your account" emails I ended up with a stale one in Keychain) and the form is rejected every time for having an invalid token

Looking at the hidden fields therein, it turns out the field that should clearly contain a magic authentication token to relate it to the original reset email has my actual email address in it, and the field that should contain my email address doesn't exist (assuming it should have the same name as it does on the login form, which is a valid conjecture for reasons too boring to go into).

I've used the "contact" form instead to let them know, and to advance my theory as to what's wrong and how to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Home again. She prescribed amoxycillin

But she said not to start taking it yet as there's also an ulcer down there, which is probably causing the pain, so to try Bonjela on that first. Not sure about that, TBH, as in my experience ulcers feel different to this, which feels like an abscess

Still, she's the expert so I suppose I should give it a go
                      Sounds like an abscess under the tooth Buddy.

Unfortunately I'm a bloody expert .

I have been on the antibiotics for 7 days, yours + 400g Metronidazole tablets, for gum problems.

Supposed to kill blood poisoning and all sorts, I've only had antibiotics 2 times in the past before, 1 was very necessary as gangrene was the alternative, plus potential the loss of a foot

Luckily the really nasty gum infection cleared up, although one of my gum ulcers is still slightly kicking off
                      However infection is a lot weaker than before and related to it not being able to heal, rather than internal infection, so I'm thinking that "glue" you have suggested might be just the ticket.

Holding out for stem cell advancements so I can grow my missing fecking teeth back.

Still, I have a full head of hair with very little grey.

Gotta take the rough with the smooth
                      Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 1 December 2017, 18:54.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X