• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It's been taken away.

Lunch was roast chicken with roast spuds, gravy, and superfluous vegetable-based detritus. Ignoring the last, it was quite OK really. Oh, and chocolate sponge with custard for dessert, which was also quite OK really
    Will you be lunching there more often?

I hope you give them a good trip advisor review.....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Just been told that my Canon cashback claim has been accepted so the £330 camera Mrs Eek is getting for Christmas actually cost me £137*

*Before anyone says I'm a tight arse this is a surprise present - Mrs Eek's main pressie is a £1000 sewing machine that she insisted on using as soon as it arrived.
      Canon (UK) have always been very good with their cashback. I’ve never had any problem with grey market imports or even stuff bought on holiday.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Canon (UK) have always been very good with their cashback. I’ve never had any problem with grey market imports or even stuff bought on holiday.
        I should say that the majority of the discount was thanks to Amazon and their warehouse of returns that are either tulip or brand new unused returns....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          They might be good with cashback - but they are rubbish at updating drivers so my multi-function printer works with mac os x high sierra

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            They might be good with cashback - but they are rubbish at updating drivers so my multi-function printer works with mac os x high sierra
            Which printer?

My old Pixima hasn’t had current drivers for about 5 years, works fine on OSX HS.

Comment

Fed up with being here now. I don't even seem to have any symptoms left to make think I'm better off here

At least the iPad's picked up a signal again.

Comment

Fed up with being here now.
                I get that sometimes too, but then I just stop reading the Brexit threads and it’s not such a bad place.

Comment

Also, this morning a bloke came and told me I should take more exercise. I'm then required to spend the rest of the day sitting around doing nothing, waiting for a test that might not even happen today

Comment

Just accepted a cup of coffee and some biscuits, merely for something to do

I don't often drink coffee in the afternoon these days but after spending most of last night listening to the bradycardia alarm going off on my heart monitor, I reckon I'll sleep OK tonight

Comment

Also, this morning a bloke came and told me I should take more exercise. I'm then required to spend the rest of the day sitting around doing nothing, waiting for a test that might not even happen today
                      I think you're what they describe as a bed blocker

It is crazy though, that for the sake of a 1 hour slot on magic machine, you can take up a hospital bed for several days. I know when my mother was in and out, we waited 4 days for the pharmacy to get act together (they'd buggered off early on Friday, so she was stuck till Monday, then they got it wrong). Madness.

Comment

Working...
                      X