• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home from Butlins (surprisingly good).

will do again.

By Christ Bognor has lots of charity shops (> 30 )

and a few pubs :-)
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      you have a few quid, get her a home help until you are firing on all cylinders.

Tell her you are doing it because you love her and you want to have the best.

Face time her etc so you are keeping in contact.

Put feet up & do the important stuff (Monday links)

you & her get well soon! (very important stuff).

Sorted

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        you have a few quid, get her a home help until you are firing on all cylinders.

you & her get well soon! (very important stuff).
        And yourself.

Find a (wo)man who does - it will reassure mother and TPD.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The whole question of getting home after Christmas is becoming rather complicated. The surgeons made it clear that I’ll be fine to look after myself then, so in theory, home I go.

But now my mother is quite ill with something, or more accurately a combination of things that leaves no clear path for treatment in the short term. She needs to avoid stress, but she’ll fret about me being home on my own, and if she remains ill next week, it might be a bit too much to lay on her.

On the other hand, I find it stressful if I’m not home, and I’ve just had major heart surgery and shouldn’t be doing that to myself either.

So finding some way of minimising the stress for both parties is clearly what’s needed. Hopefully we can sort something out. I’d rather be home right now in the first place; just my luck it’s Christmas
          Erm... Take her home to yours?
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thanks all

My mother is OK as far as care is concerned - she's still got my father, and they manage to look after each other pretty well, and my sister and her husband live close by. In fact, that's who I'm staying with at the moment.

She's not up to learning stuff like FaceTime or Skype; she can barely work out how to dial a number on the non-smart mobile phone they keep in case of emergency

It'll all work itself out, given time; I might end up having to stay a couple of extra days, but once she's not too far under the weather, she'll accept that I do, in fact, have to go home some time

Comment

Morning all last day in Italy, have to get our luggage off the hill before the lifts open, hence the early start.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Watching Eddie the Eagle
                  We watched Dunkirk last night.

Comment

Grr

Agency has paid me for the month less 3p - I haven't got a clue why they haven't paid that 3p but its going to take more than 3p of my time to fix it...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X