• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just going through the cardiac rehab web app. It's very well done - much better than most "enterprise solutions" I've ever seen

Though perhaps a bit too well done. The exercise diary leaves me no excuse for not getting enough, and won't let me progress unless I do. Easy enough today when I had somewhere to go, but a bit trickier when I have no destination in mind and go for a walk that leads past the kebab shop and Greggs in one direction and a chip shop, Chinese takeaway, and KFC in the other
    Lie?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Lie?
      yeh! - hack the app

Comment

Lie?
        Kind of defeats the purpose of reducing the risk of another heart attack, though

I have been meaning to put some effort into restoring my general fitness for some years now, so I suppose I ought to look on this positively

Comment

Speaking of reducing risk, I reduced the risk of my dinner not being awesome to zero by careful selection of ingredients: ham, egg, chips, and beans

The ham was originally for ham toasties but I never got around to making them and it Needed To Be Eaten™

Comment

Lie?
            I'll definitely need to lie about the five-a-day stuff - as I tried to explain, I'd need to eat an extra meal to have any chance of getting to five, and that doesn't really fit with the losing weight scenario

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I'll definitely need to lie about the five-a-day stuff
              How about trying to fool your mind (and tastebuds) into thinking this is egg and chips....

....instead of peach, yoghurt, and apple?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                How about trying to fool your mind (and tastebuds) into thinking this is egg and chips....

....instead of peach, yoghurt, and apple?
                Somebody on Twitter said that if they'd been handed that plate having been told it was the former, upon discovering it was the latter, "I would cut someone" which seems like a proportional response

Comment

Tonight's movie mayhem was Live and Let Die (1973), which does an admirable job of adding a large dollop of racism to the usual cocktail of sexism, sadism, and xenophobia

And then The Americans. Only four more to go.

Goodnight all
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 1 February 2018, 02:33.

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X