• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    How about trying to fool your mind (and tastebuds) into thinking this is egg and chips....

....instead of peach, yoghurt, and apple?
    Well, you can fry apples and peaches, but I've never tried frying yoghurt. bet it still tastes disgusting.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

clear blue and king billy here again

Comment

Sardines on toast. That takes me back. I think a tot of rum and then a nice afternoon nap are on the cards. Cheers all

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite sunny here

Bit chilly though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Amazon have managed to misplace a book that should have been delivered yesterday. It shows as not delivered on the order page and there's even an apology on the tracking page, but when I look at the tracking detail timeline it says "Delivered".

It's a translation of the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius, so I'm going to treat the whole business with a degree of Stoicism. It's what Marcus would have wanted
            Still no sign of it. I contacted them via the "Where's my stuff?" form and they said it had been delivered to the Locker and I'd receive the pickup code within 24 hours. The next day, I received an email telling me I could now go and collect it using the pickup code, which would be sent by separate email.

No separate email arrived

So I emailed back. They apologised, waffled about my spam folder, and copied in an email with a pickup code… for a book I'd ordered the day after the one that I don't have a pickup code for had supposedly been delivered, and have already collected

Now we're back to a pickup code being sent within 24 hours. But if the book was ever actually in the locker, it should have been taken away again yesterday as it hadn't been collected in time

I assume we'll eventually get to the point of them just sending another copy of the damn book, but they're taking the scenic route

Comment

And while typing that I've got another email: they're sending another copy

Though I'm a bit bemused about them saying "you say you haven't received it, and we trust you". It was supposedly delivered to one of their damn lockers. They ought to know if it's there or not, and they certainly know I can't have collected it without the use of the pickup code showing up on their systems. So there's no question of trusting me; they should consider whether they trust their delivery people and their lockers

Comment

And while typing that I've got another email: they're sending another copy

Though I'm a bit bemused about them saying "you say you haven't received it, and we trust you". It was supposedly delivered to one of their damn lockers. They ought to know if it's there or not, and they certainly know I can't have collected it without the use of the pickup code showing up on their systems. So there's no question of trusting me; they should consider whether they trust their delivery people and their lockers
                Amazon use to be great but not now...
                Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                  Amazon use to be great but not now...
                  I always get the stuff in the end, but I'm not impressed at how often I have problems with deliveries going astray these days. And that's when they're delivering to one of their own lockers.

Comment

Rudely awoken this morning by the phone, it being a call from the pimp, which I chose to ignore. Every few days I seem to need a lot more sleep than usual, but I suppose it's good for me as I feel much better for it

Anyway, now I'm up and about I find an email from him, asking if I'm ready to go back to ClientCo yet
                    No further contact: no response to my email reply, and he's dodging my calls by being "on the other line" and so on, so I assume this is a washout after all

Still, I'm quite happy with taking February off. Maybe March as well, actually
                    Just got a reply: seems like he's actually been out of the office for a few days.

Anyway, looks like I'm back at ClientCo starting a week next Tuesday

The chap there is confirming with his boss that it's OK (it's a small place, so getting managerial approval consists of wandering down to the boss's desk and saying "Is this OK?") but with a bit of luck the contract should be sorted out tomorrow. No boomed thread until then

Comment

Just got a reply: seems like he's actually been out of the office for a few days.

Anyway, looks like I'm back at ClientCo starting a week next Tuesday

The chap there is confirming with his boss that it's OK (it's a small place, so getting managerial approval consists of wandering down to the boss's desk and saying "Is this OK?") but with a bit of luck the contract should be sorted out tomorrow. No boomed thread until then
                      a tentative then, -good luck old chap

Comment

Working...
                      X