• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Bit cloudy here. Not very warm either

Comment

I'm pretty sure I don't need anything from the shops that I couldn't get over the road, but it's Friday so I'm going to drive to the big shops anyway

Comment

aye up

Comment

working from home today as I had a few things to resolve. One was taking pooch to the groomers
          The other job was supposedly taking delivery of new phone, however EE/DPD have screwed up the dates twice now.
          So when I do get new phone, it will be being sent back and upgrade cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            aye up
            Afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I'm pretty sure I don't need anything from the shops that I couldn't get over the road, but it's Friday so I'm going to drive to the big shops anyway
              I've changed my mind. It's nice and warm in here, and cold out there. In here is better

Comment

I've changed my mind. It's nice and warm in here, and cold out there. In here is better
                Its going to be nice and warm soon in the lounge as Im lighting the fire

Comment

Century...
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Now that the tax submission has been done, I might light a fire too...
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This thing I'm mucking about with was rather slow on the view that I use most as it's traversing several relationships and Django (quite rightly) doesn't try to make any assumptions and waste effort optimising stuff that might not need to be optimised. I'd been meaning to look at this for ages, as I knew what needed doing.

So I've just added .select_related('tweet', 'domain', 'tweet__user') to the get_queryset() method, and reduced the number of database queries per page of 50 items from 102 to 2

One of those is getting the count for the pagination and takes hardly any time, so I don't think I need bother trying to optimise it down to 1
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 2 February 2018, 15:32.

Comment

Working...
                      X