• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's TV started with S1E1 of The Good Place, a new(ish) American sitcom about a woman who dies and gets into the afterlife that's intended for good people, despite being an irredeemable tuliphead, through some kind of clerical error. The first episode is mainly setting the scene but I'm looking forward to the rest of the series because, as I understand it, a lot of the humour is based around philosophy, and it's about time the Mother of All Subjects was used as the basis for light entertainment and not just our entire civilisation and everything it has achieved

Then another episode of Jordskott, which is getting even weirder

Then another episode of Better Call Saul, and then I rounded things off with an early episode of The West Wing. It was one of those that's supposed to make you think that, for all its failings, the American political system is still the greatest the world has ever seen and always turns out for the best. But it actually makes you marvel that they managed to hold the ramshackle affair together for as long as they did before a pack of idiots started smashing the whole thing to bits out of some demented combination of greed, hatred, and stupidity about twelve months ago

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all

Pleasant dog walk this morning, temp below freezing, with some of the ponds still frozen from yesterday
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Much zooming!
            Oh no, a perfectly sensibly grown up car and not at all a mid-life crisis. If it was a mid-life crisis it would be Italian, rear wheel drive most of the time, flappy paddle gears and red.
            It's most definitely not a mid-life crisis car. I've chosen black.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Snow overnight and more on the way by the look of it.

Brrrrr. Time to stay in doors in the warm.

Keeping an eye on Cat today. He had a flare up of this arthritis yesterday that knocked him of his feet and caused a lot of pain, resulting in trip to the vets.
              Painkilling injection and sent home with some Metacam. Seems to be better this morning, up and about and wanting his breakfast and able to use the cat flap.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Looks like I'm heading back to ClientCo next week. Just waiting for the contract to appear…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Afternoon denizens

Looks like I'm heading back to ClientCo next week. Just waiting for the contract to appear…
                  On a similar note, call from the agent following a phone interview earlier. Want to see me face to face on Thursday for a projected start at the end of March. Which coincidentally is when my current contact ends

10% rate hike and able to commute by mainline train rather than fighting my way through the traffic into Nottingham every day.

Lets hope they aren't intimidated by my rugged good looks and sparkling personality when I turn up in person
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Errands run: collected monthly medicines from pharmacy, booked the Corolla in for a service on Friday, and bits of shopping done at M&S and Sainsbury's.

It started to snow very slightly as I was returning to the car in M&S's car park

There's still a bit falling from time to time but it's not settling, and there's not enough to make much of an impression if it did. Makes a change, though

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      On a similar note, call from the agent following a phone interview earlier. Want to see me face to face on Thursday for a projected start at the end of March. Which coincidentally is when my current contact ends

10% rate hike and able to commute by mainline train rather than fighting my way through the traffic into Nottingham every day.

Lets hope they aren't intimidated by my rugged good looks and sparkling personality when I turn up in person
                      Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X