• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The pizza shop over the road is in darkness, which is very odd. There aren't even the lights on which never get turned off - assorted signs or display things or some such
    maybe they'va pizza'd offa out of itta

(also known in my childhood as a moonlight flit)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      maybe they'va pizza'd offa out of itta

(also known in my childhood as a moonlight flit)
      The council's food hygiene people was my first thought

Comment

Tonight's tea has been a couple of pork chops with chips, peas, and gravy

I foolishly arranged a doctor's appointment for very early tomorrow (9:20) so I'll have to get a reasonably early night again, though not as early as when travelling ClientCo.

It'll probably be a washout too - it's just to have a medication review, which usually leads either to him immediately ticking the box on the computer and saying "Anything else?" before dismissing me, or saying I need yet more blood tests before he can tick the box, meaning I have to go back again in a week for the nurse, and then again a week after that to watch him tick the box

Comment

The pizza shop over the road is in darkness, which is very odd. There aren't even the lights on which never get turned off - assorted signs or display things or some such
          Ah! A van bearing the name of the power distribution company for hereabouts has arrived and disgorged several hi-vis-clad people, who have set up assorted barriers and a floodlight and are now digging up the pavement. So it's probably a power issue - though the flat above the shop seems to have light, as do most of the other shops (some are always dark at this time anyway).

Comment

The pavement is now well and truly dug up, which they've managed with remarkably little noise

Goodnight all

Comment

The pavement is now well and truly dug up, which they've managed with remarkably little noise

Goodnight all
              Least it isn't your Chinese.

Morning
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all bloody freezing out.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm beginning to believe people get small cars simply because they cannot drive.

<Rant>
                    This morning coming down a narrow road with row of parked cars on different sides every 200m, which I can fit opposite a double decker bus/coach/HGV/bin lorry going the opposite way, a small car driver thought it was appropriate to drive in the middle of the road. I stopped forcing them to move over.

Later I fill up with fuel and go straight across a roundabout with two lanes on each entrance and exit. Stupid young woman in small car in second lane on left continues going forward instead of stopping. Luckily to due to my reactions, the reactions of the driver in the lane on the left I'm infront off and the car behind me I don't crash into the side of her. She looks visibly shocked which means it was clear she wasn't looking but blindly following the car in front.

Then the next road is narrow again. All the large cars, large vans and HGV going opposite way I have no problems going pass, yet two small car drivers decide to drive in middle of road so I have to stop which forces them to stop. One looks shocked. I manage to control myself and not tell him to move the f*** over.

Then I approach the motorway via another roundabout with 2 lanes. Driver of Audi A1 seems to have a problem braking when coming to the lights. So the car behind, myself who is second and two other cars go into the other lane. Lights go green and 4 of us get onto the slip road before the Audi driver gets into gear.

</Rant>
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 23 February 2018, 09:04.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Frosty out there; still at -1°C, supposedly

Still, I don't need to go anywhere other than the doctor's - I don't even need any shopping that can't be left until Monday

The pavement over the road is still all dug up, so even if they've got the power back on in the pizza shop, nobody can get in there

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Least it isn't your Chinese.
                      Yes, thankful for small mercies etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X