• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Halford's -10°C screen wash in there, though possibly a bit diluted with whatever was there before; but it couldn't stand up to the wind chill factor at 70mph
    Put more neat stuff in.
    70mph? - you heard of black ice? - you get lots of it on motorways. be careful.

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Put more neat stuff in.
        70mph? - you heard of black ice? - you get lots of it on motorways. be careful.
        I was working on the principle that if the line of vehicles in front of me wasn't skidding off the road, I probably wasn't going to when I went over the same bit

I took it a bit more carefully when at the front, which was hardly ever, the A14 and M1 being as they are at that time of day

Comment

Just been out to the bins, and it is brutally cold out there

Currently -5°C according to the pocket oracle, but there's a nasty breeze too.

Early night for me, as I think I may want to allow a little more time for travelling tomorrow morning.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

I've woken up to find my flat has no water supply. Most inconvenient

The pipes within the flat seem OK, so I'm not sure if it's the supply to the premises or even the neighbourhood. I've pinged the water board on Twitter, and will have to venture down into the cellar if need be. Just what I need at this time in the morning

Comment

Morning all
              Snowing, windy, freezing on the dog walk.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all

More white stuff falling from the sky.

A1 finally reopened at about 11pm last night. Spent the evening in the local village hall helping to feed and water those stranded in their cars.

Dentists just called to say they are cancelling all appointments and can I ring back tomorrow to reschedule assuming the weather has improved.

Cat refused to go out to relive himself until I'd been out and cleared a path for him. Can't really blame him, I wouldn't want to wade through chest deep snow just to take a tulip.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Morning all

More white stuff falling from the sky.

A1 finally reopened at about 11pm last night. Spent the evening in the local village hall helping to feed and water those stranded in their cars.

Dentists just called to say they are cancelling all appointments and can I ring back tomorrow to reschedule assuming the weather has improved.

Cat refused to go out to relive himself until I'd been out and cleared a path for him. Can't really blame him, I wouldn't want to wade through chest deep snow just to take a tulip.
                    :chuckle:

Morning all

Comment

Morning people. Had a light dusting this morning, light snow when I woke up at 7am but appears to be sleeting now. Showing -4°C on the weatherstation.

Woke up in the middle of the night and it felt really cold, so I nipped downstairs to the put the heating on for an hour (just for the moggies you understand ).
                      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X