• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one possible dinner on a bitter night like this: a pan of scouse

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Just popped over to Sainsbury's Local to buy some large bottles of water. It's absolutely horrible out there - a bitter wind whistling down the perfectly straight course of the Fosse Way, blowing little crystals of snow off the pavement and into one's face

Looks pretty from in here, though
      I had the outside water feature on tuesday morning.
      managed to isolate it though, so all good. the landlady can have it repaired at her leisure.
      Haven't decided whether to invoice for it though (old habits die hard).
      although i did bleed all the rads and repressurise the combi, too. (cue forum in joke)
      -3C here, - windchill around -7,
      so lamb jalfrezi for dinner

Comment

and chicken + potatoes the joys of reduced aisle pot luck.

Not bad, I think the effect of a nice Cabernet made it just that bit better.

and so to bed!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Checked the water butt earlier, totally frozen solid. If I were of a mind I could fashion some sort of ice sculpture.

Can't be arse though, too bloody cold out there.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

That's the final episode of Jordskott (S1) watched, and very good the whole thing was

I should probably watch the rest of Modus before S2. And the fourth series of The Bridge has already started in Scandinavia, so it must be getting here soon

Anyway, tomorrow morning is supposed to feature an MOT test for the Toyota, and a blood test at the doctor's for me, so I ought to get to sleep.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              Chilly out, but The Wife (tm) isn't working today, so she's going to walk The Dog (tw).
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

The car has been dropped off for its MOT. And as the walk back takes me past Greggs, a breakfast baguette has been obtained - sausage and bacon (extra of each for 25p a go), with red sauce

And after the unwieldy process of washing stuff using water from Sainsbury's boiled in the kettle, the coffee is brewing

The car's number plate was completely unreadable with muck from last night's journey, so I grabbed a bottle of water from inside the car and sprayed it. No result. On closer inspection, there was a sheet of grey, opaque ice frozen to the entire front of the plate, getting on for 5mm thick

That all resulted from the travelling; it's not something that accreted overnight. Vicious stuff, that wind chill.

Comment

Interestingly, despite the cold, the car windows haven't had any frost on them the last few mornings. Must be too cold for any dew to form.

Comment

Morning all

Back in Client co. only to find that all but one 30 minute meeting as been cancelled as half the permies haven't turned up.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X