• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Update: almost immediately, I was told to shelve the interesting stuff so I could do a load of tedious stuff with some really boring bits. So there's that
    Keep quiet, and think of all the lovely wonga accumulating in your accounts

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Keep quiet, and think of all the lovely wonga accumulating in your accounts
      and have some ribs and chips, - you'll feel much better

Comment

and have some ribs and chips, - you'll feel much better
        Chicken and barley soup today, with wholemeal toast

It really is an exceptionally nice soup. I think that may have been the last of it, so I'll have to roast a chicken and make more soon, assuming I can remember how I made it

Comment

Chicken and barley soup today, with wholemeal toast

It really is an exceptionally nice soup. I think that may have been the last of it, so I'll have to roast a chicken and make more soon, assuming I can remember how I made it
          maybe the propositional calculus might help with the memory retrieval there?

Comment

maybe the propositional calculus might help with the memory retrieval there?
            "There exists a chicken…"

Comment

"There exists a chicken…"
              or an infinity of dimensionally variegated chickens...............

Comment

Looks like tomorrow morning's threatened snow has been downgraded to rain and general chilliness

Goodnight all

Comment

Update: almost immediately, I was told to shelve the interesting stuff so I could do a load of tedious stuff with some really boring bits. So there's that
                  luckily I got to do some exciting stuff today. Big meeting with operations with me trying to point out what an elbow (and other body parts) looked like without offending.

Then delved into some ETL and discovered they process a few million identical records a many times a day. FFS. They wonder why they need half a terabyte of ram!

Leftover steak & widney pie, yum!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Wet out, and not very warm either

On the bright side, it's stopped raining, and I should manage to avoid it for the rest of the day.

And on the even brighter side, it's Thursday

Comment

Working...
                      X