• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    They're for a thing I learned bout from someone on Twitter: preheat the oven, then chuck the frozen berries in a dish. Take a chunk of chocolate chip cookie dough and break or cut it into little flat pieces, layering them haphazardly over the berries. Whack it in the oven for twenty minutes or so. Result: the frozen berries will have heated up and just started to break down, releasing their mingled juices, and the cookie dough will have just the right going-crisp-but-still-slightly-soft texture. Chuck a big dollop of ice cream on top. Sorted
    Details here, with photos! https://twitter.com/porridgebrain/st...93160304066560

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      They're for a thing I learned bout from someone on Twitter: preheat the oven, then chuck the frozen berries in a dish. Take a chunk of chocolate chip cookie dough and break or cut it into little flat pieces, layering them haphazardly over the berries. Whack it in the oven for twenty minutes or so. Result: the frozen berries will have heated up and just started to break down, releasing their mingled juices, and the cookie dough will have just the right going-crisp-but-still-slightly-soft texture. Chuck a big dollop of ice cream on top. Sorted
      Sounds great, but cardio-friendly ???
      I'll be round anytime you need help with it

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Sounds great, but cardio-friendly ???
        I'll be round anytime you need help with it
        Fruit, innit?

Comment

Prove

If you are being that pedantic it should be prove not Prove as it wasn't at the start of a sentence....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            If you are being that pedantic it should be prove not Prove as it wasn't at the start of a sentence....

Comment

Been at the cooking sherry again, have you??
              Port, old chap, Tesco's finest port.

And my back is complaining about carrying that fecking box of china down to the garage.

Ho very hum.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Today I have submitted a Tesco online shoppe. Used to do it regularly, but haven't got round to it in a number of years.

Struggled to remember what it was I am supposed to buy, so have added a bottle of gin, 6 bottles of wine, a few bottles of alcoholic ginger beer, lager and cider for good measure, some oven chips and <sasguru>mince</sasguru>. Maybe some veg, and veggie quorn stuff for child#2

Should be delivered tomorrow. Will see what's turned up for my two-fifty quid.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Today I have submitted a Tesco online shoppe. Used to do it regularly, but haven't got round to it in a number of years.

Struggled to remember what it was I am supposed to buy, so have added a bottle of gin, 6 bottles of wine, a few bottles of alcoholic ginger beer, lager and cider for good measure, some oven chips and <sasguru>mince</sasguru>. Maybe some veg, and veggie quorn stuff for child#2

Should be delivered tomorrow. Will see what's turned up for my two-fifty quid.
                  I got an email telling me that I hadn't used the full value of my up-front delivery charge thingy when I was getting Sainsbury's to deliver stuff while I was recovering from surgery and couldn't drive, back in January, and therefore they were refunding the difference.

In the form of a voucher code I could use against future deliveries.

But there are no future deliveries because now I can drive two miles down the road to the shop and bring the damn stuff home myself

Comment

Tonight's home cinema experience opened with White House Down (2013), which I think is the third film I've watched in the past year or so predicated on the notion that the US President's security shield can be cunningly circumvented by dressing up in workmen's overalls and tucking a few Uzis away in a toolbox

It was actually rather good as these things go; an entertaining enough way to pass a couple of hours, filled with gunfire, explosions, and crashing helicopters

And after that: Columbus Circle (2012). This was much better than I expected, and I had quite high hopes in the first place. I won't go into detail for fear of spoilers, but I thought it was excellent, and highly recommend it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all blue skies, a gentle breeze and promises of a warm day when out walking earlier.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X