• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Nick, you need SkyView Lite or PocketUniverse on your smart device to tell you what they are.

In other news, The Wife (tm) is going to the US for a week’s holidays with her sisters. She’s asked me what I want brought back. If I say nothing, I’ll get a couple of t-shirts.

Came up with a suggestion tonight: “go to CVS and get a tub of 1000 acetaminophen and another of naproxen”.

Rock and roll lifestyle of a gardener. All I want is painkillers.

TFBSZ
    I've got Pocket Universe - I think it may well have been the first app I bought when I got an iPhone

And it confirms that it is Jupiter

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      They're for a thing I learned bout from someone on Twitter: preheat the oven, then chuck the frozen berries in a dish. Take a chunk of chocolate chip cookie dough and break or cut it into little flat pieces, layering them haphazardly over the berries. Whack it in the oven for twenty minutes or so. Result: the frozen berries will have heated up and just started to break down, releasing their mingled juices, and the cookie dough will have just the right going-crisp-but-still-slightly-soft texture. Chuck a big dollop of ice cream on top. Sorted
      Details here, with photos! https://twitter.com/porridgebrain/st...93160304066560
      Just made this for dessert

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Followed by "The Fugitive" this being the tale of a man whose wife was murdered by a one armed miscreant.

Oddly, in this case, Richard Kimble was played by Harrison Ford rather than David Janssen.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106977/

It was rather good.

Oddly, the one armed man had two arms when he was G'Kar.
        I watched that a while ago - I concur, it's good

Comment

Tonight, a rewatch of American Psycho (2000). I keep meaning to reread the book too, but haven't got around to it yet

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

A bit murky out, but cooler overnight made for a better sleep.

Following an email on Saturday, I now know there are 5 project managers on this project, but the number of workers has been reduced to 3.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Very sunny out

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Morning all

A bit murky out, but cooler overnight made for a better sleep.

Following an email on Saturday, I now know there are 5 project managers on this project, but the number of workers has been reduced to 3.
                Still 2 workers to be replaced by 2 project managers.

Comment

Links are up

As I did my final checks, one of them threw up a GDPR roadblock and had to be replaced. I've been using a VPN in Virginia to get past these things, but luckily I check everything with it disconnected before finally posting

Comment

Bacon cob for lunch

Comment

Sausage Sandwich, - 'cos TSNTBE ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X