• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Nice and grey out

And outside is a mere 17°C, which has allowed the temperature in the living room to come down to 25°C since last night

Comment

It's 28.5 deg C in here, cooler outside, and as humid as the proverbial gorilla's armpit.

Ho hum.

Another cwt or so of data books just made their way to the skip.

And some more are going now.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The weather forecast talks of rain tomorrow. But it keeps saying that, then rescinding it when the time grows near. I'll believe it when it droppeth from heaven upon the place beneath

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The weather forecast talks of rain tomorrow. But it keeps saying that, then rescinding it when the time grows near. I'll believe it when it droppeth from heaven upon the place beneath
          I did a little dance outside when it rained quite heavily a fortnight last Sunday.

Unfortunately it went away again.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The dental surgery just called because they've had a cancellation and can see me tomorrow at - yes - 2:30!

I shall take the time as a good omen for now

And there's a letter arrived with an appointment with the audiologist, so maybe my execrable hearing will finally get a boost. I asked to be sent to them back in January or February and heard nothing (pun not intended, but I'll take it), so I asked the doctor to chase it up when I was there on Monday, and it seems to have worked.

One problem: it's two weeks today, and you're supposed to have your ears checked for wax, with removal thereof if necessary, at least two weeks before. And the GP surgery is closed today because GPs are the last bastion of Early Closing Day, and online they don't have a nurse appointment available until the same week as the audiology appointment

So now I have to dick around trying to sort all that out. On the bright side, once my ability to hear is improved, I'll finally be able to watch all those films I've bought that don't have subtitles

*NF in mode*

Comment

Spoke to the audiology people. They said that if I don't have a "problem with wax" (AFAIK I don't) then it should be OK. If, when I get my ears checked a few days before the appointment, it turns out that I do have such a problem, then I can just call and they'll reschedule.

Incidentally, I find it rather odd that a department entirely dedicated to dealing with hearing problems expects issues to be resolved by phoning them. They don't even have one of those special text-to-talk numbers. They do list a number for SMS-only contact, so maybe that's what people who can't use the phone do instead nowadays.

Comment

After a week or so of dithering and trying to find a good moment to break the news I’ve bitten the bullet and emailed my resignation from the permie world.

Sadly the boss is a personal friend from outside work and so it doesn’t feel good, but it had to be done sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  After a week or so of dithering and trying to find a good moment to break the news I’ve bitten the bullet and emailed my resignation from the permie world.

Sadly the boss is a personal friend from outside work and so it doesn’t feel good, but it had to be done sooner or later.
                  If he is a friend he will understand!

Better to be out and happy (apparently).

congrats.

Interview tomorrow on my doorstep & £10k more starting + benefits
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

Sounds like it'll come as something of a shock to you when they start a massive celebration

I daresay he/she'll understand. They've probably been wondering how they managed to tame you for so long

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Interview tomorrow on my doorstep & £10k more starting + benefits
                      Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X