• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammering down. Lunch, being served in the next building, may have to wait.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

think I am going to make up a dental appointment and go early.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Rain clouds blew in at 10:56. Rain started at 11:00. Rain has (currently) stopped.

The Wife (tm) was right.
        That goes without saying.

Just sayin' like

See wot I did there?

Met a mate in Wilkinsons who I haven't seen for a number* of years.

Turns out his Mrs has COPD and was diagnosed in January last year, then ended up in an induced coma for a fortnight in August last year, and another fortnight in the high dependency unit.

Now can only just walk up stairs and has a mobility scooter.

Just shows the wonders that a lifetime of smoking can do for you.

Coming after than docu I watched about Leonard Nimoy last week, the outlook isn't looking too good for her.

*A number somewhere between 2 and 6.

Lunch has been partaken, during which I watched "Weapons that changed the World" all about rifles (again).

Beginning to feel a bit more human now the vertical is passing off a bit.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          sweating like a deviant

Comment

Having now watched the "Timewatch" documentary about The Plague/Black Death that was shown on PBS yesterday, I'm now convinced I have plague.

If so, can someone else take the washing out of the machine for me?

Thank you kindly.

Can't get over the number of heavy lorries going back & forth to the building site up the road.

And I can just imagine the increase in traffic once the 300 houses have been built.

It seems like only yesterday I was photographing swallows/swifts swooping over the pasture in a long gone summer.

I suppose it must be knocking on for 15 years or more.

Or the elephant poking its head over the fence when Doug Thomas rented the field to the circus.

And the lovely old oak tree on that boundary fence that's been chopped down, with barely a stump remaining.

Someone's back garden will be against the fence there now (the fence having replaced the barbed wire & blackthorn hedge that previously made up the boundary between the field and what I suppose is effectively a sunken road.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.66...2!8i6656?hl=en

And all the trees behind this house have been felled, it looks nothing at all like this any more:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.66...2!8i6656?hl=en
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 August 2018, 13:36.

Comment

Some bloke called Noah has just rowed up to our front door wanting to know if he can take Millie to join a male Spaniel on his boat.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ain't the interweb thingie magic?

Got this ancient Athlon mb that I've "borrowed" from the scrap pile in a vain attempt to get some data off a couple of old hds.

So plug it in, connect it to a monitor & psu & after much firkling find the two pins to poke at with a screwdriver to turn it on.

Which just blips the psu on and back off again.

Turns out it's clever(?) enough not to boot at all if there's nothing connected to the hd socket.

Haven't found the hds yet, but connecting up the dvd/cd thingie instead makes it burst into life.

I wonder who dreamed up that.

And how many boards got sent back back in the day.

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads...ached.1134051/

Comment

Shopping done

And it's all turning a bit Simpsonesque out there, having been exceptionally gloomy when I went out

Comment

Late lunch of a couple of southern fried chicken thighs (Not Actually Fried™) from the Sainsbury's hot food counter, where they had been lingering for so long they were reduced to half price

Comment

Time to shut the computer down and walk The Dog (tw). Who has just seen me type the W word and is now wagging her tail in a manner that could supply energy to a third world country
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X