• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee, then plastering* the chimney breast.

* - bonding coat, on the outside, and in the hearth - before anyone gets carried away and thinks there might be some sense of finality to the above statement.

Comment

18.4 in here, 15.4 in the laundry room, 14.6 min.

Grey sky.

No precipitation.

Other side of valley visible.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Wait till you see what he gets up to in III, IV and V

He's suspended more often and in more precarious ways than the disbelief is

I'm looking forward to VI becoming available
      I've got III and V, but no sign of IV.

I suppose I'll stumble across it sometime.

Ironically it was on E4 last evening, but I'd managed to forget this.

Having recorded the 2nd ep of the Oak Island lunacy, A Real Nutjob turned up to relate his theory of The Ark of The Covenant.

They found some more triangular rocks.

And two real nutjobs dived down the 10x hole, one of whom has yet to surface after half an hour in best cliffhanger fashion.

In other news, during the dismantling of 3 or 4 piles of dvds, it has been discovered that there are 3 copies of "From dusk til dawn". , two copies of Hangover 2, two copies of "The Hunger Games", two copies of Top Gun, two copies of The Hitcher, two copies of Hitch, and two copies of Red River.

Oh.

And two copies of Casablanca.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 September 2018, 08:07.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Up early for a swim. Water feeling chilly at 17°.

First 'novice' triathlon next week at Dorney Lake. Brillotastic.
        Well not really Brillotastic as mine is the shortest possible distance, not the longest (Actually not quite the shortest - they have a 'first timers' distance that's barely worth getting out of bed for)

Comment

Home again

1 hour 51 minutes, door-to-back-gate; exactly 100 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            And two copies of Casablanca.
            how can you have too many copies of Casablanca? Its just that good.
            Last edited by vetran; 9 September 2018, 09:36.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

The audiologist actually said "You should go down the pub and talk to people there" so I think I'll treat that as medical advice and do as I'm told next week
              your audiologist is obviously a genius!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Up early for a swim. Water feeling chilly at 17°.

First 'novice' triathlon next week at Dorney Lake. Brillotastic.
                Well not really Brillotastic as mine is the shortest possible distance, not the longest (Actually not quite the shortest - they have a 'first timers' distance that's barely worth getting out of bed for)
                good luck!

Comment

Afternoon all Dog walked, mushrooms picked, and I've been to Farnborough to pick up an Eglu.

Breakfast this morning was poached eggs (from our chickens), mushrooms (from the hill), tomatoes (from the greenhouse), all on toast given to us by the local shop.

Oh yeah, and we've been married 7 years today.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dump visited. Hardly worth it, but might just as well.

Then Tesco.

Then Lidl(tm). Cue the Aldi/Lidl song.

A giant (2'4") setsquare was irresistible, but the screwdrivers, drills, drill batteries, and other goodies were resisted.

Seems like a looooooong time since I was buying VHS video recorders there.

Mostly because it's knocking on for 20 years.

Then on to Morrisons, too early for the reduced comestibles.

Thence back here to cook the lamb for lunch.

It didn't look like lamb, but the back of the envelope said it was, and so it proved to be.

It was ok.

Now partaking of my first mug of tea, following which it's dishwashing time, thereafter it's vaccing time.

It must be said (every week) that it's most odd just doing one house.

Then I think that it'll be just about time for MI III (rather than "Casablanca").
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Dump visited. Hardly worth it, but might just as well.

Then Tesco.

Then Lidl(tm). Cue the Aldi/Lidl song.

A giant (2'4") setsquare was irresistible, but the screwdrivers, drills, drill batteries, and other goodies were resisted.

Seems like a looooooong time since I was buying VHS video recorders there.

Mostly because it's knocking on for 20 years.

Then on to Morrisons, too early for the reduced comestibles.

Thence back here to cook the lamb for lunch.

It didn't look like lamb, but the back of the envelope said it was, and so it proved to be.

It was ok.

Now partaking of my first mug of tea, following which it's dishwashing time, thereafter it's vaccing time.

It must be said (every week) that it's most odd just doing one house.

Then I think that it'll be just about time for MI III (rather than "Casablanca").

You sure it wasn't Dobbin?

Comment

Working...
                      X