• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Pies look good! mmm

My lunch will be taken late due to meetings n stuff...

I feel like being really fat so may go to the nearby food hall for some greasy fast food...

They're absolutely excellent! Handmade in Norfolk, shipped overnight. I've been meaning to try them for ages, but there was never a stockist near me. Now they've started delivering, I think I'll become a regular customer

I first heard about them because Sarah, who started/owns the business, is one of the Archers fans who followed me on Twitter that time Nigel fell off the roof and I got into the physics of his scream:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Last edited by NickFitz; 12 September 2018, 12:53.

Comment

They're absolutely excellent! Handmade in Norfolk, shipped overnight. I've been meaning to try them for ages, but there was never a stockist near me. Now they've started delivering, I think I'll become a regular customer

I first heard about them because Sarah, who started/owns the business, is one of the Archers fans who followed me on Twitter that time Nigel fell off the roof and I got into the physics of his scream:
      Thanks for reminding me.

The new neighbours got in the way of me listening to that Shula last night.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Nom! For a non-Yorkshire pie, that looks excellent.

Although, if I may venture a little criticism, it does look as though that pig has had it's back leg chopped off into the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Nom! For a non-Yorkshire pie, that looks excellent.

Although, if I may venture a little criticism, it does look as though that pig has had it's back leg chopped off into the pie.
          They do use only the choicest cuts

Also, one of their major selling points is their strict No Jelly policy

Comment

Dear Deity, I'm bored now.

<hiatus>

Just found some kit I'd successfully hidden from everyone, including myself.

And the sparkies are doing stuff.

Just not doing stuff in the lab.

They're doing stuff in the test lab instead.

<hiatus>

Just figured out what the increasingly large pile of greenish stuff on the dockside is.

It's glass cullet for export to our "friends" on the continent.

And I rather like the jelly in pork pies.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 September 2018, 15:29.

Comment

Nine years ago I was on a gig where I did loads of work with SVG, including dynamically generating graphs and such and making them interactive with JavaScript.

Today, it's taken me half-an-hour to write an SVG file to show a simple rectangle and circle, and now I'm reading tutorials about SVG co-ordinate systems

I'm sure I used to remember stuff better. I could still write 6502 assembly language if I had to, and I haven't done that in about thirty years

Comment

I'm sure I used to remember stuff better. I could still write 6502 assembly language if I had to, and I haven't done that in about thirty years
                You probably also remember the lyrics to a ton of songs from the 70s/80s.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  You probably also remember the lyrics to a ton of songs from the 70s/80s.
                  More the 60s than the 80s, TBH

Tonight saw a return to the autumn/winter ways of cookery: chicken casserole, which I put on before the Apple thing started, meaning it had about three-and-a-half hours in the oven. It was very nice indeed

Comment

Remember stuff?

I had to look up the format of a fecking switch statement the other day.

It had completely evaporated from what passes for my memory.

This evening's entertainment, such as it was, was the special features on the "To Catch a Thief" dvd, followed by the special features on the "MI III" dvd.

The latter was a good deal less interesting & managed not to mention that poor sod they half incinerated on the bridge.

I haven't managed to discover whether or not he won his court case.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Tea was the usual M&S breaded haddock stone me, that was yesterday.

Tea was the remainder of Sunday's lamb with onion & carrots.

It was ok but could have done with a touch more cornflour to stiffen the sauce up a bit.

It tasted ok though.

Tomorrow is lentil <pffffft> soup day.

What apple thing?

Oh, and I had a stewed pear for sweet.

It needed a good deal of stewing since it was pretty unripe.

I have now picked 9 pears for me, the jackdaws have the rest to enjoy.

It's not that many considering there must have been 50 or 60 or more on the tree at one time.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 September 2018, 21:15.

Comment

I have to google switch in C# every time I use it.

I can remember verbatim geography lessons copied from the blackboard from age 8.

"The source of a river is in the mountains.
                      The mouth of a river is in the sea.
                      Where a smaller river joins a larger river, it is called a tributary"

Also random poems about shoes

"New shoes, new shoes, red and pink and blue shoes" (I won't bore you with the rest)

Various bible verses, and facts about Jan Van Riebeeck and his successors. Such was the rote learning of South Africa in the 70s.

Comment

Working...
                      X