• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Two phone interviews done.

One called ten minutes late without explanation and then proceeded to quiz me for 20 minutes about some fairly obscure features and technical trivia (and ended with "will you be relocating for this contract?" and "which route will you use to drive here?"). Not impressed.

The other asked a broad but searching set of questions, was personable and explained the project he's doing in detail. I've just heard that he'd like to meet in person next week - plus it's about 15 mins from home and 50 quid a day more than the first one. Fingers crossed...
    If you get the first one, make sure to explain the route you took to that guy in laborious detail each morning. Spin it out to about ten minutes ("Then at the next roundabout there was a red Peugeot in the outside lane that didn't signal…"). He should be cured of his interest in other people's journeys by the third month or so

Comment

And now another phone interview booked for Monday - this is turning into a productive day!

Comment

Lunch has been one of the amazing Bray's Cottage pork pies, this time one of the ones with a little onion marmalade mixed in, which gives it a kind of mild sweetness

Comment

The recycling bins have been done, but not the landfill ones. The different wagons were coming in convoy a few weeks ago; maybe they've had a falling out

Comment

Cloudy here in Manchester -

But quite warm.

Thank god it's friday

Comment

Afternoon all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Afternoon all
                Hi WTFH!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Afternoon all
                  Afternoon

Comment

I've turned over a new leaf, all my recycling goes to landfill.

And I make a special trip to the dump to make sure.

In other news, I had a lovely doze at lunchtime.

In other other news they're busy loading stuff onto that ship.

I don't know a lot about ships but shouldn't you sort of load it evenly?

So it doesn't break its back or sink or something?

This thing is about 6 feet down at the stern at the moment.

Oh, since I looked last they've started loading at the bow too.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 September 2018, 13:41.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Shopping done

Despite fine weather all morning, and now, some rain managed to make it here just in time for my departure. It was in luck, for the bins had been emptied so I had to bring one in, giving it more opportunity to make me soggy

And my defunct Bag for Life has been replaced. The nice lady who tends to the self-checkouts on Friday afternoons had to go in search of one as they didn't have any of the equivalent calibre there. She returned with one emblazoned in Lego-related imagery, Sainsbury's having some promotion or other on at the moment, and anxiously asked me if that was OK. So I must look like the kind of person who objects to being publicly associated with Lego; which I am not, and I assured her that would be fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X