• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    5th? How quaint.

My rental at the weekend only had a 5 speed box. 3 short of what I'm used to.
    8 gears?

Stone me I can remember when you were lucky to get 4, and the 1st was crash, just to see if you could change gear properly.

Not to mention column changes of course.

So I won't.

Doesn't it have a spread of torgue or is it so peaky that you need 8 gears just to get the fecker moving?

Like a 50cc motorbike.

The New Batch of Esteemed Customers are trudging around The New Slough of Despond.

I grunted a bit.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 September 2018, 09:49.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, but rather chilly - though it seems to have warmed up a couple of degrees in the last hour or so, it's still only 11°C

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        8 gears?

Stone me I can remember when you were lucky to get 4, and the 1st was crash, just to see if you could change gear properly.

My current one is column change (kinda)

The metal curved bar behind the Start/Stop is the column shift to change down.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue skies and sunshine here in Surrey, but it's chilly out
          Omm!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            8 gears?

So I won't.

Doesn't it have a spread of torgue or is it so peaky that you need 8 gears just to get the fecker moving?

Like a 50cc motorbike.

The New Batch of Esteemed Customers are trudging around The New Slough of Despond.

I grunted a bit.
            We have a new batch of them too - meant that parking this morning was a pain as the main staff car park was also being used for arrivals to halls down that end of town too.

And they're wandering around everywhere. It's a shock to the system after our nice quiet campus over summer.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              We have a new batch of them too - meant that parking this morning was a pain as the main staff car park was also being used for arrivals to halls down that end of town too.

And they're wandering around everywhere. It's a shock to the system after our nice quiet campus over summer.
              Indeed.

However the windmill boat is being unloaded at the moment which makes it slightly more entertaining.

Fecking big things those windmills.

There was a fan bladed being hoisted by two cranes just now.

I can't see what it's being unloaded onto because the view is obscured by a warehouse.

There's another load of tree trunks being unloaded too.

Wolseley Six-Eighty (Dash) | The Wolseley 6/80 (Interior & D… | Flickr

I'd forgotten that it had a dash mounted umbrella handle handbrake.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 September 2018, 10:21.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I only popped in for Monday links.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                  I only popped in for Monday links.
                  You're a bit premature.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You're a bit premature.
                    Its a fair cop guv.

I had it in my head that it was usually around 11am. But looking back it seems noon to 1pm is more common.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                      Its a fair cop guv.

I had it in my head that it was usually around 11am. But looking back it seems noon to 1pm is more common.
                      We need to wait for NF to wake up properly first :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X