• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain's stopped, so I suppose I should go shopping

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It hasn't stopped here.

And I can see less now than I could this morning.

Floods, power cuts, trees down, all deep joy today.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        Morning all

Thankfully not in Manchester today. WFH.
        Afternoon everybody

Thankfully Never in Manchester <if i can help it>

Sunny and warm <if a trifle blustery> in sarf herts

Comment

And so it came to pass. No rain, but it's extremely windy out there

I had to choose between Norfolk and Suffolk spuds; a tricky one at the best of times. I got the Suffolk in the end, as they've been working well over the past few weeks, but I definitely need to try Norfolk ones soon, to see how they've done this season.

Comment

This evening's trip home through the gale involved the T6 service which is Swansea to Brecon, via Ystradgynlais.

It was a lot more comfortable than the X55 or the 58, and certainly quicker than the 32.

It got "interesting" in places, a gust caught it as it went over one of the flyover thingies on Fabian Way, then a moron driving a scrap lorry pulled into a bus stop without bothering to indicate.

I was a bit surprised it wasn't an Audi or BMW truck.

Then some nutjob seemed to think that pulling out of the Neath Abbey industrial estate 3 feet in front of the bus was A Good Idea, something that the busdriver and I found a bit alarming.

Happily enough it hasn't rained on me much today, but just to make up for that all the things I like to buy in Morrisons are now off the shopping list, so I was reduced to purchasing a moderately unripe gala melon and some baby potatoes of uncertain origin.

Tea consisted of a rather surprising* 3 kipper fillets followed by the usual breaded M&S haddock.

Sweet, having consumed all the stewed gooseberries yesterday, consisted of a Muller fruit corner.

*The surprise was find 3 kippers rather than the 2 that I'd expected. They were very nice.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just about to head to the cinema to see Bad Times at the El Royale. Looks silly, ought to be simple entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Just about to head to the cinema to see Bad Times at the El Royale. Looks silly, ought to be simple entertainment.
                Enjoy!

Comment

Fish finger sarnie tonight, as part of my new 'can't be arsed' diet

Comment

A few tweaks to the static map server today: shoving rendering of not-yet-existent files on to a background render queue, and also setting up Nginx so it hands off requests for non-existent files to somewhere interesting. Well, somewhere that will be interesting if I get around to writing some code to put there

Comment

A few tweaks to the static map server today: shoving rendering of not-yet-existent files on to a background render queue, and also setting up Nginx so it hands off requests for non-existent files to somewhere interesting. Well, somewhere that will be interesting if I get around to writing some code to put there
                      ??????

Comment

Working...
                      X