• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of roast chicken thighs for lunch

I need to start moving boxes around again soon, in the giant 3D sliding block puzzle that is my living room

On the bright side, I've measured the space across the room where the crappy plastic shelf thing was, and I can fit another wide and tall Billy bookcase in there, once I've lined the other side of the room with the same and unpacked a bunch of the boxes onto them

And I might be able to squeeze yet another, possibly thinner, bookcase in next to the window bay if I cut through the back of it to accommodate the Internet cable that enters at that point.

Comment

Been on autopilot today...

poured myself a glass of wine with lunch - as I often do on a Sunday

But it's Wednesday

And I am supposed to be working

oh well!

Comment

Just ad a toof awt. Eeeeeh!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Cornish pasty and beans for lunch, as it's definitely autumnal out there today

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Couple of roast chicken thighs for lunch

I need to start moving boxes around again soon, in the giant 3D sliding block puzzle that is my living room

On the bright side, I've measured the space across the room where the crappy plastic shelf thing was, and I can fit another wide and tall Billy bookcase in there, once I've lined the other side of the room with the same and unpacked a bunch of the boxes onto them

And I might be able to squeeze yet another, possibly thinner, bookcase in next to the window bay if I cut through the back of it to accommodate the Internet cable that enters at that point.
            Come in Mr Trebus, your time is up.

Says the man who a) can't get into the garage any more, b) can just about get into the laundry room to do the laundry c) cannot use the outside khazi because it's full of stuff that can't go anywhere else d) Has one chair that's usable in the living room e) can't use the office because it's full f) has stuff in bookcases & on the floor in the hall g) has stuff on the stairs h) etc. etc. etc.

Doomed of Neath.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Just ad a toof awt. Eeeeeh!
            I share your lamentations.

The lab is full of a "Foundation" class.

The solitary one who is interested in electronics isn't in there.

The rest of them look like spanner monkeys to me.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 October 2018, 14:09.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

ommm...?
              Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                ommm...?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  ommm...?
                  Indeed....

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  For DoctorStrangelove....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    ommm...?
                    Indeed....

For DoctorStrangelove....

Resistance is futile*

*Impedance is where it's at
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Today in living room tidying has mainly been a process of rearrangement. However, this means that I've managed to free the fire, which was unusable - and in fact unreachable - last night, due to boxes and such in front of it. As the weather is turning slightly chillier over the next few days, I want that to be available.

I went in to the far end of the window bay, which already contained several of the stronger-lidded boxes, and was able to clear it out completely; it's the first time in a good while I've been able to stand there looking out at the road

Then, in the space where the plastic shelves were, I stacked the pre-existing boxes and the ones from yesterday that were blocking the fire, and moved some other stuff back into the end of the bay. The result is that I have much more stuff in the same amount of space as before. Also, a number of boxes which I know for sure contain stuff that can probably, if regretfully, be chucked are now on top of the piles; the ones full of books are at the bottom. This will make it easier to go through them as and when, and also force me to do so when more bookcases arrive and are assembled.

My back is now hinting that this is enough for one day. Tomorrow: back to this side, where some more books need to be packed and three old bookcases are to be disassembled and taken to the tip. After that, I can get into sorting out the magazines, which have occupied that corner of the room against all comers since I moved here, fourteen years ago

Comment

Working...
                      X