• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

A misty, verging on foggy, start to the morning.

1 degC according to the car this morning. Had to de-frost the windscreen. But not the side windows? Why is that? If it;s cold enough to freeze on the windscreen why is there only dew on the door windows?

Some lovely sunrise views on the way in to client co. Sadly no chance etc stop for a picture and no doubt if I get out early on the bike, when I would be able to stop, it will be damp and horrible again.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

1 degC according to the car this morning. Had to de-frost the windscreen. But not the side windows? Why is that? If it;s cold enough to freeze on the windscreen why is there only dew on the door windows?
      The windscreen sees the 3K microwave background whereas the side windows see the rather warmer surroundings.

At least that's one explanation I've seen.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Morning all.

A misty, verging on foggy, start to the morning.

Some lovely sunrise views on the way in to client co. Sadly no chance etc stop for a picture and no doubt if I get out early on the bike, when I would be able to stop, it will be damp and horrible again.
        Why does the windshield freeze before the side windows? | Science magazine Interface | Tampere university of technology

Lovely morning but clouds on the horizon, heading over from Merkeydive.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Hold on, you weren't just on the same call I was on? Scheduled for an hour, went on for 3.
          As it happened the three hour document review was terminated after an hour due to the fire alarms in the building where most of the guys were going off. Conference bridge was closed and never re-opened.

Which means I have the rest of it this afternoon

Comment

Clear and blue here in Nottingham. 3 degrees outside as I took CovToddler to nursery.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              As it happened the three hour document review was terminated after an hour due to the fire alarms in the building where most of the guys were going off. Conference bridge was closed and never re-opened.

Which means I have the rest of it this afternoon
              Today I have 2 hours of calls with the IT project managers to explain what happened in the calls yesterday that they weren't able to attend
              because they were on other calls finding out about other things they had missed on calls they couldn't attend
              because they were on other calls finding out about other things they had missed on calls they couldn't attend
              because... etc

Death by meeting/project mismanagement.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Today I have 2 hours of calls with the IT project managers to explain what happened in the calls yesterday that they weren't able to attend
                because... etc

Death by meeting/project mismanagement.
                Wait a minute - are you me?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Wait a minute - are you me?

Possibly.

Do I come here often?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, but a bit chilly:still only 6°C

I am informed by Royal Mail that they will attempt delivery of An Item, some time between an hour ago and three hours hence. Narrows it down a bit, I suppose

Comment

Morning

Comment

Working...
                      X