• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun's out.

It's shining gloriously on the fog.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Been raining, but that seems to have passed now and the sun's just this minute come out

Comment

I can see Baglan now the fog has become mist.

I'm still undecided as to whether this is any sort of improvement.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I can see Baglan now the fog has become mist.

I'm still undecided as to whether this is any sort of improvement.
          sings < i can see mary, now lorraine has gone >

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Ham toastie for lunch

The single best piece of advice from that cardiac rehab course was to use olive oil rather than butter or marg for making toasties. They come out beautifully crisp and golden

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Ham toastie for lunch

The single best piece of advice from that cardiac rehab course was to use olive oil rather than butter or marg for making toasties. They come out beautifully crisp and golden
                I could've told you that without all the drama

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  I could've told you that without all the drama
                  I'll bear that in mind in future

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    In other news, for those who don't frequent their forums, I resigned as an IPSE director today.

Not going into details here, but it does mean I can behave as badly as I want at the CUK Christmas party (and other social occasions!)
                    I missed this -

But great for the party! (I'm south of the river this year for the company do, so sadly wouldn't make it back in time).
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Work continues at the new kebab shawarma place over the road, even though the shopfitting was complete by last week sometime. Must surely be opening soon…

They've now got the chap from the picture framing place, which also does printing and such, popping round while they wield a tape measure. I assume they're getting him to do some posters, or maybe those big photographs of food that looks nothing like what you actually get that takeaways like to stick up around their counters

The picture framer walks with a pronounced limp, which I'd never noticed before.
                      Looks like the pictures, which (at this distance and through the branches of the tree) definitely looked like kebabs and such, have just been delivered. Quick turnaround by the picture framing guy

It would appear to be one or two of those large boards they use in such places for advertising meal deals - something with a Coke and fries for £x and so on.

Wonder if they'll open this week? At the moment, all they have is an expensively refitted shop generating no income and taking up much of their time, often well into the evening

Comment

Working...
                      X