• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Very sunny out, but very cold with it: still only about 2°C out there, and a thick frost on the (former) stable roof

Off to the hospital at about half ten. I'm going to walk up there; it's only about twenty minutes. Or maybe I'll feel lazy and decide to spend the Christmas money on parking there for an hour

Comment

Scan over, back home.
      bacon and egg bap from the caff on the way.
      Too early to tell if there's any sign of multiple brain cells, but we live in hope
      CBS in sunny <but king billy> sarf herts.

Comment

At the hospital, on time. Quite a pleasant walk

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Morning all
          up at this godforsaken hour 'cos i have to go and have my head scanned in a noisy tunnel at 08:00

Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Best of luck
            Luck not required, thanks, - it's more Stoicism and thank the wee gods of whatever that i'm not claustrophobic.

Comment

Morning all

WFH today and it's freezing in here. Can't wait for later this month when we're due to have the double glazing installed (finally!).

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Scan over, back home.
                bacon and egg bap from the caff on the way.
                Too early to tell if there's any sign of multiple brain cells, but we live in hope
                CBS in sunny <but king billy> sarf herts.
                Does your head rattle when you walk? Thats usually the giveaway.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Home again

They gave me some kind of silicone gel to apply, and an appointment to go back in two weeks or so and see if it's any better. I keep telling them I'm not that bothered, but once you make the mistake of mentioning some minor thing to the medical community, there's no shaking them off until they think they've fixed it

Still cold out, though my thick jumper and thick coat combined with a brisk walking pace kept me nice and warm. I came back via the polytechnic DMU and the small park between the two branches of the river, an area which used to be a scrap yard full of old trains piled on top of each other. TBH I preferred it then; modern parks never seem to have much soul, whereas a towering stack of DMUs (not to be confused with DMU) is at least interesting to look at

EDIT: from a previous mention of the scrapyard:

Last edited by NickFitz; 4 December 2018, 12:13.

Comment

Here at Ye Newe Sloughe ofe Desponde there is much concern over the failure of the robbing carpark bastards Car Park company to extract the sums due from people's bank accounts.

It's going round as one of those emails with 97 people in the address line and every time someone shares their non payment this goddamn box goes beep.

Now getting ever so tempted to reply saying "they haven't charged me too, is it because I come in to work on the bus for free?"

So far I've avoided it.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Are you trying to attract Gricer?

Just askin' like.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Pâté on toast (white) for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X