• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Are you trying to attract Gricer?

Just askin' like.

Comment

Just tidying some bits in the kitchen and knocked a plastic bottle of Windolene - which I have a feeling was bought before I moved here, so more than fifteen years ago - to the floor. Picked it up and put it back where it had been, but a few minutes later, the distinctive aroma of its contents started filling the kitchen.

Turned out it was oozing ever so slightly through a small crack in its side. As it's supposed to be a squeezable bottle, I can only assume the plastic has degraded so much with age that it's become frangible

At least it didn't leak everywhere

In the bin with it, and my windows will have to remain as unclean as they've always been

Comment

I recall putting some FeCl crystals in a margarine tub in the shed.

Up on a shelf.

In the sun.

It didn't end well.

Though it did take several years before I noticed the leakage.

Whereupon it all got put in a polythene icecream carton in the dark under a bench.

The bench grinder has never been quite the same since.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

We can now use
          tables!
          Last edited by NickFitz; 4 December 2018, 20:39.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            We can now use
            tables!

Whatever next? cutlery? crockery? oh, dear

Comment

Changing the locks tomorrow.
              Locks changed.

Bet that's cost £100 or so.

X55 home. The one that stops in Neath rather than going all the way to Glyn Neath.

Tea, aka dinner, was M&S breaded haddock which was very nice and followed by a Blueberry Acai yogurt (BBE 28/11/18 I seem to have cocked up the stores control on those).

After my shower (cold of course), I hope to watch the remainder of "The Godfather".

The Godfather (1972) - IMDb

I'd forgotten the damn thing is nearly 3 hours long so I couldn't have watched it all yesterday even without the excitement of the busted builder.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 December 2018, 19:43.

Comment

We can now use
                tables!
                They come out a bit funny when you quote them.

Comment

Dinner at The Raven in Glasgow. Nice cask beer.

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

They come out a bit funny when you quote them.
                    They do

There's also no documentation for how to use them in the forum help

And there's no setting to turn them on and off in the forum admin control panel, as there is for the other formatting groups (bold/italic/underline and so on, colour, size, font, alignment, lists, links, general code, PHP code, HTML code each have their own on/off switch).

Comment

They do

There's also no documentation for how to use them in the forum help

And there's no setting to turn them on and off in the forum admin control panel, as there is for the other formatting groups (bold/italic/underline and so on, colour, size, font, alignment, lists, links, general code, PHP code, HTML code each have their own on/off switch).
                      SNAFU then, eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X