• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

278g sirloin steak going 'oops' in sainsbury's - 'arf price.
    fried, with chips and peas, HP sauce and English mustard.

feckin' Stuffed now.

oh, and a nice Rioja

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      278g sirloin steak going 'oops' in sainsbury's - 'arf price.
      fried, with chips and peas, HP sauce and English mustard.

feckin' Stuffed now.

oh, and a nice Rioja

Similar here - 12oz ribeye (rare) at Miller & Carter with a bottle of Rioja - to be paid for by the ClientCo.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Similar here - 12oz ribeye (rare) at Miller & Carter with a bottle of Rioja - to be paid for by the ClientCo.
        I feel your pain
        <from my favourite chair, listening to my home sound system, looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, and going nowhere near a fecking airport any time soon>

Comment

The new shawarma place over the road is now adorned with a banner proclaiming that it will be opening this Friday, with a 50% off promotion. Might pop over and try something, just to be neighbourly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The new shawarma place over the road is now adorned with a banner proclaiming that it will be opening this Friday, with a 50% off promotion. Might pop over and try something, just to be neighbourly
            Well it would be rude not to.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Chicken and chips for tea

Comment

Tea, aka dinner, was the last, rather large, portion of Sunday's beef, with carrots & onions.

It was rather nice & I seemed to judge the amount of cornflour rather better this week.

Neither running away nor standing up on its own.

This evening's epic was a continuation of "The Godfather II", being the last 2.5 hours of said epic.

It was good, but not as good as the first one, and a good 25 minutes or so longer.

I've never watched it before, having, I now recall, watched the "Godfather Saga", this being the two films re-edited to make a continuous whole, sans flashbacks, flashforwards.

I expect that "Godfather III" will appear on the dvd player in the near future, but it's nowhere near the quality of the first two films.

It would appear that I purchased the box set from a bunch called "Woolworths" in Swansea in 2008, and it's remained in the stack unwatched since then.

TFBSZ
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Tea, aka dinner, was the last, rather large, portion of Sunday's beef, with carrots & onions.

It was rather nice & I seemed to judge the amount of cornflour rather better this week.

Neither running away nor standing up on its own.
                  Good gravy

Tonight on the box here was S4E5 of Bron/Broen, followed by S1E1 of Ófærð aka Trapped. Nice to see what I take to be the entire population of the Icelandic town where it was filmed included by name in the credits as "Extras"

I don't have any appointments tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all It’s still miserable in Scotland. The weather and the nationals.

...and O2 data is down, so I’m reliant on WiFi today.

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey verging very closely on black.

Moonless.

Sunless.

Drizzly.

Wet.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

UnWindy.

Misty.

17.2 deg in the living room, 11.3 in the laundry room with a min of 7.6.

Warmish.

Bus hotish. Very hotish.

Thursday.

Looks like Strangelove sister has leapt into action and there's a meeting with Another Builder on Sunday morning.

That's going to screw up the Strangelove Sunday lunch or dinner cooking.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 December 2018, 08:04.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X