• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Well that's tonights dinner sorted then
    Yes indeed

Comment

Have I mentioned the optimist who asked for a 40 pin DIL wire wrap socket last week?

In the interminable night on 14 years I've suffered here, not once has anyone asked for a wirewrap socket.

So the remaining unused stocks got left where they were during the move and presumably ended up in a skip.

It was inevitable, really.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Have I mentioned the optimist who asked for a 40 pin DIL wire wrap socket last week?

In the interminable night on 14 years I've suffered here, not once has anyone asked for a wirewrap socket.

So the remaining unused stocks got left where they were during the move and presumably ended up in a skip.

It was inevitable, really.
        Always the way

Comment

FFS. My iMac has gone tits up after a software update. Just Works indeed

Now having to dick around getting it working again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Had that trouble with my iRon last week <had to dress up for a thingy>
            unplugged it and replugged it, and it worked fine

Comment

Funnily enough, a friend in Canadia is complaining about the same thing. Haven’t switched mine on since yesterday, so I can’t comment.

In other news, The Raven in Glasgow has Stay Puft in cans.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                In other news, The Raven in Glasgow has Stay Puft in cans.
                is that like 'wounds my heart, with monotonous langour'?

Comment

It's open!
                  So, I went there and… not massively impressed, TBQH

The menu is fairly restricted - lamb or chicken "shawarma", also known as lamb or chicken doner in my book. No shish or anything else along those lines

They have, however, given over a fair bit of space at the back of the shop to a pizza oven and whatever else is needed to make pizzas, so presumably they expect that to be a big part of their business. In other words, it's a pizza shop with with a kebab shop bit on the front

Anyway, once I'd given up on my dream of a mixed grill, I tried the chicken doner meat and chips. In fact, I asked for lamb, but they were busy getting confused over a six-person order, and by the time they made the mistake I'd clocked that the lamb was looking a bit overdone, so I took what I was given.

It was pretty nice, actually, and a bit better than a lot of kebab shops manage. But there's a good kebab shop a few doors up the road, which is on the way back from the pub and which I've visited occasionally for over twenty-five years. And if I want a kebab for tea, as opposed to a drunken late-night snack, I drive all the way across town to a really good place I lived near over thirty years ago.

So I might end up going there again, but I doubt it'll become a regular thing. But the food's OK; just not anything special, and sadly lacking in the shish department.

If anything, I could have done with them a year or so ago when I couldn't drive or carry anything very far

Comment

Tea/dinner/lunch/breakfast was more of Sunday's Saturday's lamb, which was very nice, followed by a slice of Vienetta which set my sensitive crown off with a vengeance.

Entertainment this evening was provided by "Street Kings" with Keanu Reeves, Forest Whittakeer, Hugh Laurie, et al.

Street Kings (2008) - IMDb

It was suitably insane & bloody, with an intermission to fit in the thing about Wales at 20:00.

And now it's TFBSZ.

Comment

Oh Dear (tm) guess what someone has been doing all afternoon.

All 7Gb of updates.

Even worse that M$.

I bet I'll get a sob story tomorrow.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 December 2018, 22:26.

Comment

Working...
                      X