• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot see more than 2 feet out of the window

seems to be misty

was not this bad 40 minutes ago when I was walking from my car.

maybe it is the elevation (we are on the 12th floor)

Comment

Interesting - can now see about 200 feet out of the window

so I can watch the trains come and go from Victoria

but the Pennines are still hidden in the fog.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather thin sunshine making its way through a very high layer of thin cloud, but the rain has moved on

Comment

and the Pennines have appeared.

Comment

The recycling bins haven't been emptied, for the second week in a row

I suspect this is due to certain of the neighbours putting their recycling in black bin liners. From observations before Christmas, these have the same effect on the recycling bin people as a crucifix on a vampire, causing them to retreat rapidly leaving the bin untrundled.

I've even seen one of them lifting the black bin liners out of other bins to concentrate them all in a bin that already had a load, then trundling only the decontaminated bins to to the wagon. I suppose it's better than just leaving them all, but it doesn't really get to the root of the problem, and we end up in the situation we now have, where every single bin is full and has black bin liners in it.

I suppose I'll end up going through the bins emptying the black bin liners (there doesn't need to be any kind of bin liner anyway; I use my stock of pre-bag-charge carrier bags, but you can put stuff in loose) as nobody else around here seems willing to accept any responsibility

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The recycling bins haven't been emptied, for the second week in a row

I suppose I'll end up going through the bins emptying the black bin liners
              Have you no matches?

You ain't seen me, right?

In other news, yesterday's lentil <pffffft> soup is having its usual effect. <- put that light out!
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ok, much mucking about with VirtualBox, Vagrant, and VMWare Fusion being dicks; but I'm now on the last leg of testing the forum updates.

All of which means I haven't done the shopping yet

So off to the shops I go

Comment

Shopping done, including collecting my Mum's birthday present from M&S.

And after that, I treated myself to cod & chips from the chippy for tea, which was very nice indeed

It was a fresh batch of chips too

Comment

This evening's repast was M&S battered haddock. It was very nice.

This evening's epic was "Genevieve(1953)" with John Gregson, Dinah Sheridan, Kenneth Moore, and Kay Kendall.

Genevieve (1953) - IMDb

It didn't seem as funny as I remember but brightened up a lot in the 2nd half.

Those cars must be worth a fortune now.

Pity about the dent in the XK120 Allard K1 Roadster (whatever that is).

IMCDb.org: 1948 Allard K1 Roadster in "Genevieve, 1953"

The dent:

https://pics.imcdb.org/0is157/cap415hq2.6804.jpg

Oh good.

It's Occupational Health test time again.

This time, for maximum inconvenience, it's in Carmarthen.

The last time this came up the Director of Human Remains was in danger of getting himself Dexterated.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 January 2019, 23:21.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      This evening's epic was "Genevieve(1953)" with John Gregson, Dinah Sheridan, Kenneth Moore, and Kay Kendall.

Genevieve (1953) - IMDb

It didn't seem as funny as I remember but brightened up a lot in the 2nd half.
                      It's been many years since I've seen that; I'll have to track it down

This evening's double feature started with The Intent (2016), concerning a London gang (the modern kind made up of young black men, not the Krays kind) getting into armed robbery in a big way. It wasn't too bad, but the preposterous representation of the police's activities ruined it for me. Without giving too much away, I believe that if the police recover from somebody's home a vital piece of evidence that could carry fingerprints, DNA, and gunshot residue, they carefully seal it in an evidence bag for forensic analysis. They definitely don't walk into an interview room holding it in their bare hands, then hand it to the suspect so he can get his fingerprints all over it in the presence of his solicitor, before finally grabbing it again as they walk out, thereby mucking up even those prints; though as they've already destroyed any evidentiary value it might have, why not, eh?

To follow, 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003), which is pretty silly with a number of plot holes. Lots of cars though, if that's your thing.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X