• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Comment

Right, I'm taking the Toyota for a service and to have its back brakes checked: I suspect they're sticking slightly (again) which causes some very unpleasant vibration over about 60mph until one's maintained that speed for about eight miles

Comment

Car left, and a detour on the walk back to pick up this month's prescription medicines making a total walk of 1.14 miles, according to the Apple Watch

Oh, and before all that, lunch was a bacon cob (wholemeal)

Comment

Today's flatulence reached such proportions that I was forced to use the trap in this building for the first time ever.

I think I'd have been ok but for holding it in whilst others were in my office.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Today's flatulence reached such proportions that I was forced to use the trap in this building for the first time ever.

I think I'd have been ok but for holding it in whilst others were in my office.

This evening's dinner/tea was some more of yesterday's roast beef.

It was ok in a similarly mediocre way.

This evening's epic was "Harry Brown(2009)" with Harry Palmer Michael Caine.

Harry Brown (2009) - IMDb

It was rather good & would have been rather better but for the disc error at 01H21 to 01H23 which even the fecking playing anything that will spin wouldn't play.

Finally managed to FR to the end of the problem & play the rest.

I wouldn't mind but the 100s of 2nd hand dvds have played faultlessly while this £5 one is fecked.

Ho hum.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 January 2019, 07:57. Reason: Missing IMDB
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                This evening's epic was "Harry Brown(2009)" with Harry Palmer Michael Caine.

It was rather good & would have been rather better but for the disc error at 01H21 to 01H23 which even the fecking playing anything that will spin wouldn't play.
                Good film

Shame about the disk

Tonight's main feature here was rudely interrupted by Virgin Media suddenly dropping my Internet connection, which they expect to have restored by eight in the morning

They often manage better than the estimate, but I'm not sitting up waiting for them

So the film will have to be watched tomorrow, assuming they've managed to sort themselves out by then

I did go to stream it over the iPad's 4G data connection instead, but it turns out the iPad's data ran out at Christmas and, as I've only used it on wi-fi since, I hadn't realised. And attempting to top it up gave me an error page saying the service was unavailable but they hoped to have it working again soon

All in all, not a good night for technology anywhere

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

In sunny Worcester - drive down this morning was horrible!

Hoping to get home again tonight, got a kitbag with me just in case.

Have a good day all!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning all haven’t looked out the hotel window yet, but I suspect it’s cold, damp, murky and miserable here in the land of the weegies.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dark n dingy today

maybe it will be better when the sun comes up.

Comment

Working...
                      X