• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's repast has been chicken lawanda out of the freezer, with rice and, rather than the usual naan, two mini-naan that were left in the freezer from when Sainsbury's didn't have any proper ones. All very nice

And also nice to finally get those mini-naan out of the way, as part of the ongoing freezer stock reduction programme

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Yes they are like USB sticks in that respect.

Would be nice if they actually put the medecine's name in large letters on the blister pack. comic sans in 3 point isn't very readable. Surely most of their customers have less than perfect eyesight?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

miss V2 and Miss V1 returned unscathed from Mis V2's first shift. They weren't even arguing, I give it a week until the bickering starts.

Luckily they brought back copious amounts of food so steak & widney pie + chips for supper.

FIL is back in hospital in a bad way, its taken them two days to realise because of his compromised immune system (care of those rather nasty chemotherapy drugs) he seems to be susceptible to infections. It would be understandable, but its the third time he has presented with the same symptoms to the complete surprise of the NHS, it normally takes them a few weeks to realise.
        Just give him the feckin antibiotics please.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Good film

Shame about the disk

Tonight's main feature here was rudely interrupted by Virgin Media suddenly dropping my Internet connection, which they expect to have restored by eight in the morning

They often manage better than the estimate, but I'm not sitting up waiting for them

So the film will have to be watched tomorrow, assuming they've managed to sort themselves out by then

I did go to stream it over the iPad's 4G data connection instead, but it turns out the iPad's data ran out at Christmas and, as I've only used it on wi-fi since, I hadn't realised. And attempting to top it up gave me an error page saying the service was unavailable but they hoped to have it working again soon

All in all, not a good night for technology anywhere

Goodnight all

Indeed between Mr "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" and Mr "A mans gotta know his limitations" their later catalogue is excellent.

Comment

Now the broadband is working properly again, I was able to finish off last night's film: 127 Hours (2010), (based on) the true story of Aron Ralston, who was out climbing alone in a Utah canyon when a falling rock trapped his arm. Pretty good stuff. Mind you, I'm not particularly squeamish but still found the bit where he finally frees himself hard to watch; I think maybe it's because one knows it actually happened to the poor sod

And after that was concluded I turned to my planned viewing for this evening: Three Colours: Blue (1993) (in French with subtitles, so actually called: Trois couleurs: Bleu), being the first part of Krzysztof Kieślowski's trilogy. Juliette Binoche seeks to start a new life alone after her husband and daughter are killed in a car crash, but finds she must first reconcile herself with her old one, and embrace connections with others, old and new, whose paths cross hers. Thoughtful, sombre stuff, beautifully shot.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Vaguely drizzly.

Warmish side of NotSoColdYet. 15.7 in the living room, with 10.8 in the laundry room with a min of 10.8.

Black. Very black, with slight hints of a touch of grey to the east.

Misty.

The Cat who was too stupid to realise what the hole in the shed window was for is now soaking wet in the morning.

One can't win.

And there's loads of dry places he could sleep.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

wfh today

yawn

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Wonder how things are going over in the B****t forum
                    I think "testy" is probably the word you are looking for
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning! Had to come into the office today - how unfair

Comment

Working...
                      X